Author Topic: DuPont Powder 6.5 lb fffg can  (Read 639 times)

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
DuPont Powder 6.5 lb fffg can
« on: February 07, 2024, 05:06:24 AM »

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Beaverman

Re: DuPont Powder 6.5 lb fffg can
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 05:50:35 AM »
Nice!

Offline Gtrubicon

• Starting Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 07:38:56 AM »
Is it full?

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 03:37:58 PM »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 08:38:34 PM »
I had, at one time, a 6 pound red 'drum' (can) of American Deadshot powder many years ago.  The can looked just like that green one. The powder was clean, hard shiny grains of powder, about 2F in size. No dust. It was the best powder I had shot up until that time, about 1975. There was only 2 pounds left in the can when I 'got' it. Very accurate and quite clean burning as well. I used it in a slug barrel by Bauska I bought the barrel from Les (Kalispel) in April or May of that same year.
Mine went by the board at some time or other.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Hornbuilder

• Starting Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2024, 09:18:38 PM »
Nice find for sure !!

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 04:31:40 AM »
I had, at one time, a 6 pound red 'drum' (can) of American Deadshot powder many years ago.  The can looked just like that green one. The powder was clean, hard shiny grains of powder, about 2F in size. No dust. It was the best powder I had shot up until that time, about 1975. There was only 2 pounds left in the can when I 'got' it. Very accurate and quite clean burning as well. I used it in a slug barrel by Bauska I bought the barrel from Les (Kalispel) in April or May of that same year.
Mine went by the board at some time or other.

Somehow it seems logical that the larger volume of powder would have a more consistency to its granulation.

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2024, 07:04:31 PM »
Powder cans are collectable and I let one get away. It was a small,oval can that was marked {1/2 pound of Indian Rifle Powder}and it looked like 3fg.It was red and the label was in new condition.I traded it to a man who made a new window for the front upstairs bed room window.
I have never seen another one.I still have a can of Curtis&Harvey and another one called Meteor.Also DuPont and Swiss all in my work shop.
Bob Roller

Offline Shreckmeister

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2024, 12:42:26 AM »
I was a week late. This was the only can she have it from your husband’s collection left. There were several that she sold the week before.