Author Topic: Need help identifying a lock and finding a sear  (Read 294 times)

Offline bluenoser

Need help identifying a lock and finding a sear
« on: February 16, 2024, 04:05:34 AM »
I am making repairs to a friend's apparently kit-built Tulle with a damaged lock and need a little assistance identifying the lock.  The sear nose was badly damaged and I have rebuilt and heat treated it after having it TIG welded.  The finished product is not satisfactory due to occlusions that persist after two welding attempts and I would like to find a replacement sear.

The "D" in a circle suggests it is a Davis lock.  Although there are some cosmetic differences, it appears to be a French Fusil Flintlock - perhaps a version specifically produced for a kit company.  Although I don't currently have the lock at hand, 5 9/16" x 1 1/8" sounds about right.  I am aware the French Fusil lock is currently out of production and parts don't appear to be available.

Any assistance in positively identifying the lock would be much appreciated.  Please do not refer me to the Log Cabin Shop/ R.E. Davis Co.  I have already discovered any attempt to deal with them is an exercise in futility and a total waste of time.  Help finding a replacement sear would be most welcome.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 05:19:39 PM by bluenoser »