Author Topic: Shot the Trail Today  (Read 5283 times)

Daryl

Shot the Trail Today
« on: December 21, 2009, 12:41:05 AM »
7 of us showed up today to shoot the trail. Weather wasn't too bad, but some of us either had cold feet, cold hands or both.  It started off with a bit of wind and about 13F, raising to 16F & sprinkling snow through the very early afternoon.  Shooting wasn't too hot for either the rifles nor the smoothbores. LB shwed up with his Ten. .40, Ron with his .58 rifle and the rest of us shot 20 bores, along with a 24 and a 28 bore.
Most of us managed a split our cards, though and that made us feel a bit better.

It is good to be out with friends. The BEST actually.

IRONSIGHT

Re: Shot the Trail Today
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 01:27:31 AM »
Daryl,
  I live near Mifflinburg, PA., and I'm new to going to shoots the only one I've been to is at the Union County Muzzleloader Club. Can you or anyone tell me where I can find out more about shoots, or matches being held in my area.

billd

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 01:47:01 AM »
Call your neighbor Fred Miller.  He will be able to fill you in on all the goings on in the area. Search the forum for his number, I don't have it handy right now.
Bill

jimc2

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 03:14:41 AM »
ironsight     go to the getz barrel shop in beavertown they ca show how to get in touch with the federation which lists all the shoots for Pa. intheir book   jim

Offline BJH

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 03:45:38 AM »
The only other close club is Danville. Give me a P.M. and  I'll give you my phone # we are sort of neighbors. I belong to the Union County club.  BJH
BJH

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 04:05:58 AM »
ironsight,
Contact the NMLRA and they can give you a list of clubs in your area.
Mark
Mark

IRONSIGHT

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 04:18:41 AM »
I have Fred's phone number infact I was at his shop yesterday. But we where discussing building guns. It never crossed my mind to ask him about shooting matches. Sometimes I just need pointed in the right direction.

billd

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 04:23:40 AM »
Then I almost met you yesterday. I was going to Freds in the morning but the snow scared me enough to stay home. I live a little over an hour east of Fred.
Bill

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 06:26:58 PM »
ironsight,
Contact the NMLRA and they can give you a list of clubs in your area.
Mark
Yes but not all of them... Get hold of Wayne Flora 10 Stump Rd Danville, Pa
and he will send you the 2010 Pa Fed of Blk Powder Shooters book listing all of the member clubs.....  Or send me a PM and I'll copy enough in your area and send them to you.    We have a great time and plenty of competition....!

Licensed to kill

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 02:51:42 AM »
It started off with a bit of wind and about 13F, raising to 16F & sprinkling snow through the very early afternoon.  Shooting wasn't too hot for either the rifles nor the smoothbores. LB shwed up with his Ten. .40, Ron with his .58 rifle and the rest of us shot 20 bores, along with a 24 and a 28 bore.
Most of us managed a split our cards, though and that made us feel a bit better.

Shouldn't you be useing 3f in the .40 and goin' to 2f in the smoothbores?? What's this 13f and 16f stuff?. @!*% rookies anyways!

BTW, adding a sprinkling of snow.....wouldn't that make it a duplex load? Boy, Idunno 'bout you guys that always have to try something new.

Daryl

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
HA! - we usually use the C stuff in all our guns - different letter, different numbers, pretty much same ballistics, though.

IRONSIGHT

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 09:13:42 AM »
Thanks for the info right now i'm hoping to be home for the first day of flintlock season. Stuck in Flagstaff, AZ. do to snow. Happy Holidays to everyone.

Leatherbelly

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »
  Cody,
    2F is for rifles
    3F is for pistols LOL!!
Merry Christmas Bro!