Author Topic: Got a load on today  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Got a load on today
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2024, 02:36:46 AM »
I've got an Eng. Walnut tree in my yard, but it won't be big enough for another 25 years. By then I will be 100 and so will my truck. Except it will probably still be running!

Good looking truck and if it were mine I'd see if a Lincoln 460 and C6 transmission would fit.Have the brakes been upgraded to front discs?
The Town Car we have had the brake pads replaced at my request in a local shop that does good work and I told the mechanic to install a louder horn if the brakes didn't work and he  thought that was hilarious and made his day.Thanks for showing this truck and I wish I had
the 89 F150 back but it was hit by a city bus and totaled shortly after I sold it to our neighbor 2 doors West of us,
Bob Roller

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2024, 06:07:55 AM »
Jack,  Thanks for the info.  That is what I had heard before, but I wasn't sure how correct that was.
But it worked out.  What I have left is probably 8 yrs old, and always been in the garage or in the house, so it should be fine.
Thanks
I. Would be one of the other Brooks called Mike.  ;)
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Clark Badgett

• Oklahoma
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2024, 10:27:14 PM »
Wanna sell me a musket stock blank?
Psalms 144

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2024, 10:46:06 PM »
Right nifty, Mike!

I had heard a rumor you had quit the business - good to see you still  have some supplies.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline t.caster

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2024, 05:39:14 PM »

Good looking truck and if it were mine I'd see if a Lincoln 460 and C6 transmission would fit.Have the brakes been upgraded to front discs?

Bob Roller
[/quote]

Hi Bob, I know a big 460 will fit, I know a guy with that combo in a 54 Ford P-U. Mine is full on streetrod with a strong 320hp+ 350/700R4 combo, Ford 9" rear with 3.50 gears & new leaf spring setup & sway bar. Front susp. is from a 67-69 Monte Carlo so it is heavy duty with coil-overs and big power disc brakes. About the only thing original is the sheet metal on this Texas truck.

Brooks,  Sorry, I didn't mean to steal your thread. That wood is awsome, btw!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 01:57:56 AM by t.caster »
Tom C.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2024, 07:53:10 PM »
Now THAT'S a cool rod.
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2024, 04:53:44 PM »
Brooks,  Sorry, I didn't mean to steal your thread. That wood is awsome, btw!
That's ok. Your penalty is coming over and sawing all the blanks out of those planks! ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline godutch

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2024, 12:32:35 AM »
 So a guy scores a pile of stump cut English Walnut and his truck almost steps on the whole thread. Now, the wood's to die for but in all truth I spotted the wood and the truck at the same time too. Then I read the thread an I see I wasn't the only one. :-)  As to those guy's suggesting ways to re-power that old Ford, that's expensive and it still won't handle for beans anyway. If you want that truck to go faster than 55 you need to drop it out of a helicopter. (chuckle)