General discussion > Gun Building

Sketching for a Woodsrunner build

(1/5) > >>

Yazel.xring:
Hi all, I’ve got a Kibler Woodsrunner in the shop to build for a friend and am trying to plan out some carving.

I’ve been studying some of the builds on the forum and others I’ve been able to see in person.

Using all of this for reference I’ve laid out the sketches below and am open to critique. I’m planning on keeping it simple with carved lines and some relief as needed.

Thank you for your time

smart dog:
Hi Ethan,
That would work very well.  It is simple, consistent for the gun and looks great.  My only suggestion is to have the lower butt stock molding line terminate much less abruptly.  Have it fade out gradually and much closer to the trigger.

dave

Yazel.xring:
Thank you Dave! I’ll make adjustments. Much appreciated

Blacksmoke:
Ethan:  As a side note to assembling the Kibbler kit - when you install the cross pins for the barrel make sure that the holes in the barrel lugs are slotted slightly to the rear. This will allow the stock to shrink backwards if it wants to as the stock wood dries out. Even though the wood is kiln dried it can still shrink slightly over time.  Hugh Toenjes

J Shingler:
You can always tell the artist in the group. LOL I like this a lot. Simple but yet it will set it apart from all the others. Nice planning Ethan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version