General discussion > Gun Building

Should I "move" this trigger plate?

(1/3) > >>

Steeltrap:
In the course of my build I'm constantly measuring, remeasuring, and measuring again. When I did the TP inlet I swore I had it centered. But then.....

Now, It could stay the way it is. The trigger will be .200 closer to the trigger finger side (RH), or I could move it (via carve out to the right and place a patch on the left) to center, or just leave it as is. The TG is a Northwestern so it's fairly "fat".

I have not drilled the tang bolt yet so it won't be all that difficult. I guess if I just leave it as is, would that cause me any issues that I'm not seeing?

Thanks!!

Spalding:
Don’t think it would cause any function issues, just cosmetic.
If it was me I’d patch it as it would always bother me and I’d notice it every time I pick up the gun. Should be able to make it almost invisible.

Bob

smylee grouch:
Some people will put the trigger in so as to place the trigger blade a tad closer to the lock plate and then the blade lifts the sear closer to the " L " or bend in the sear giving a small mechanical advantage to the trigger pull weight.  :-\

mgbruch:
If what you're building is a Northwest Trade gun; they didn't use a trigger plate anyway.

Steeltrap:
Yes. I'm aware of that. This rifle is a youth build....about 80% of regular size. It's also a half-stock which NWT never were. This rifle will also have a nose cap...not NWT and an entry pipe....not NWT.

I'm building a functional flint for a small frame individual. But I thank you for your input. I'm hardly even an amateur when it comes to building, but I do enjoy it. 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version