Author Topic: 46th Annual TN/KY Rifle Show Knoxville TN  (Read 870 times)

Offline Shawrco

• Starting Member
46th Annual TN/KY Rifle Show Knoxville TN
« on: April 13, 2024, 04:29:52 AM »
Have been thinking about attending this show next weekend until I saw this on the Contemporary Makers website:

"This is a collectors’ meeting and is not promoted to the general public. We welcome all those who are interested in the preservation of the American long rifle."

So I had been thinking this would be an opportunity to see (perhaps handle) items from say Jim Chambers, Jim Kibler and other artisans who post here and talk to some of same about classes, or perhaps place an order for a kit, etc.  Am I mistaken about the nature of this show.  It's about a 4hr drive for me to get there from where I am.

Thanks in advance...

Joe B

Offline Daniel Coats

Re: 46th Annual TN/KY Rifle Show Knoxville TN
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 05:14:24 AM »
Oh my gosh don't miss it!
Dan

"Ain't no nipples on a man's rifle"

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 05:35:15 AM »
 :) :)... come on over, Joe... this used to be an invitation only show in it's beginning, but now anyone who has a keen interest in American LongRifles, especially Tennessee and Southern Appalachian types is welcomed... it is not advertised to the public, so word of mouth and formats such as this are the only way attendees can find out about it... this keeps is "closed" in a sense that only those with a special interest will be there... there will be many antique and contemporary guns there, as well as collectors willing to share knowledge of these type firearms... thanx for your interest... Hope to see you there....   

Offline Daniel Coats

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 05:41:31 AM »
Dana is spot on!

See you there
Dan

"Ain't no nipples on a man's rifle"

Offline Shawrco

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 05:57:09 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Dan and Fiddler,
Sounds like it will be a worthwhile trip, if nothing else might get to meet some ALR forum members!

Joe B

Online Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 11:46:59 AM »
I have been attending this show (I think I have missed only 1 show) since its start at the Museum of the Applachia which was a great venue but very crowded. It then was moved to it's current location Jubilee Banquet Facility , 6700 Jubilee Center Way, knoxville TN.

It's a 7 hr drive for us, actually my friend Lary has an addtional 2 hrs from his home in Eastern Tidewater VA
Larry is 81 and I am 80 (81 June) and we will continue to attend as long as the Good Lord allows us to travel!

Great show, hope to see you there (Friday is the best to day to come)

Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 02:57:58 PM »
You’re going to love this show!
Stop Marxism in America

Offline David Rase

• If we need it here, make it here. Charlie Daniels
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2024, 04:04:39 PM »
I have been making the 5340 mile round trip drive to this show for over 5 years.  Rifle guns and relationships, that is what it is all about.  Packing my truck today, leaving at 0600 in the morning.
David 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 04:09:13 PM by David Rase »

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2024, 04:43:39 PM »
I am going to miss seeing y’all. We had a water leak in my kitchen, and the “preferred” contractor from my insurance company pulled up the tile and a hidden vinyl floor. It was asbestos and they didn’t test it. They put in blower fans to dry my floor and blew it throughout the house. We sat in it for five days before it occurred to me that my 1980 house might have asbestos and got a fragment tested.  Glad the Lord put that thought in my mind. Everything in the house (EVERYTHING) has to come out.  The grim reality is the house being fixed won’t fix our lungs in 10 or 20 years.  I mostly feel bad for my son’s future.  So now you know why Marc will be missing in Knoxville. God Bless, Marc

Online Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2024, 05:15:56 PM »
I am going to miss seeing y’all. We had a water leak in my kitchen, and the “preferred” contractor from my insurance company pulled up the tile and a hidden vinyl floor. It was asbestos and they didn’t test it. They put in blower fans to dry my floor and blew it throughout the house. We sat in it for five days before it occurred to me that my 1980 house might have asbestos and got a fragment tested.  Glad the Lord put that thought in my mind. Everything in the house (EVERYTHING) has to come out.  The grim reality is the house being fixed won’t fix our lungs in 10 or 20 years.  I mostly feel bad for my son’s future.  So now you know why Marc will be missing in Knoxville. God Bless, Marc

Marc,
I am sorry to hear of your situation! I am glad you thought of it, I seriously doubt I would have in fact I didn't when my original vinyl kitchen flooring and the adjacent den vinyl flooring was replaced about 30 years ago. My house was built in 1975 so I suspect it to contained asbestos! Thankfully the rest of the house has hardwood floors and the kitchen and den flooring does not contain asbestos.

Will miss seeing you. Praying for the best outcome in your situation.
Dennis

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Shawrco

• Starting Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2024, 05:32:54 PM »
I have been making the 5340 mile round trip drive to this show for over 5 years.  Rifle guns and relationships, that is what it is all about.  Packing my truck today, leaving at 0600 in the morning.
David
Now that's dedication!  I hope to see you there @DavidRase... will you have a table?

Offline Shawrco

• Starting Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2024, 05:37:03 PM »
I have been attending this show (I think I have missed only 1 show) since its start at the Museum of the Applachia which was a great venue but very crowded. It then was moved to it's current location Jubilee Banquet Facility , 6700 Jubilee Center Way, knoxville TN.

It's a 7 hr drive for us, actually my friend Lary has an addtional 2 hrs from his home in Eastern Tidewater VA
Larry is 81 and I am 80 (81 June) and we will continue to attend as long as the Good Lord allows us to travel!

Great show, hope to see you there (Friday is the best to day to come)

Dennis
Thanks @DennisGlazener!  My affinities are more towards the Germanic and Transitional period, but as @DavidRase said, it's about rifles and relationships.  I printed out the registration form and from another website it appears too late to RSVP for the BBQ, but it sounds like a worthwhile outing.

v/r,
Joe B

Offline David Rase

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2024, 06:22:19 PM »
David
Now that's dedication!  I hope to see you there @DavidRase... will you have a table?
Yes, I will have a table!

Offline Austin

• Austin Paul
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2024, 08:15:51 PM »
Go David Go!
Eat Beef

Offline David Rase

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2024, 12:53:15 AM »
Go David Go!
$1400.00 in new tires, should be eating breakfast Monday morning in Sheridan!
I will keep you posted.

Offline David Rase

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2024, 04:50:53 PM »
Let the adventure begin!

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2024, 06:31:41 PM »
  Marc we are going to miss you !!  David have a safe trip an see you in a few days. Once again I'm picking up Duprey an we're heading down. If he behaves..otherwise I'll leave him at a rest stop...lol.
  This is indeed my favorite show period... See ya....!

Offline AMartin

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2024, 07:38:54 PM »
You drive safe there Ol Iron Butt David .. Same to the rest of ya'll as well !!
Pauline and I are heading down the ol wagon road (Rt81) on Thursday ..
 I just stained a Lehigh schimmel yesterday ... and I still haven't seen any action in the whoopie pie department yet .. but I heard maybe tomorrow .

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2024, 10:19:58 PM »
  So is bribery allowed for a Whoopie pie....!!!

Offline J. Talbert

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2024, 05:03:39 AM »
Let the adventure begin!

I’m thinking one of those barrel stock combos has my name on it.
Sorry I won’t get to visit in person David, but thanks for pick up/ drop off service.
Jeff
There are no solutions.  There are only trade-offs.”
Thomas Sowell

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2024, 08:32:01 PM »
....... So I had been thinking this would be an opportunity to see (perhaps handle) items from say Jim Chambers, Jim Kibler and other artisans who post here and talk to some of same about classes, or perhaps place an order for a kit, etc......

Joe B,

I don't think Jim Chambers usually displays his kits at the Knoxville Show and I don't think Jim Kibler attends this show.  That being said, it is a great show with a focus on KY/Tenn Mountain style rifles and there will be many ALR members there displaying their wares.  I think it's worth a 4 hour drive.  I've made a similar drive several times, but have other commitments this year.

Ron
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 09:03:35 PM by Ky-Flinter »
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Online Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2024, 09:55:53 PM »
But sparkle-berry Jim is usually there with a fresh supply of real southern style ram rod's!
Dennis

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2024, 11:02:18 PM »
It's a wonderful show, Randal and Co. do a great job putting this show on. It is a must go to show for those that love southern rifles. Marc, sorry to hear about the house and you not able to attend the show. Always good to see your smiling face.

Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline AMartin

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2024, 02:44:09 AM »
 (So is bribery allowed for a Whoopie pie....!!!)

Not sure ... whoopie's come at a high price .. but it never hurts to check ...

Offline Shawrco

• Starting Member
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2024, 04:44:41 PM »
Getting close to show time… looking forward to attending this event for the first time and meeting some of you gentlemen. Y’all all travel safely.
Joe B