Author Topic: Thank you ALR but a YUGE Hat-tip to Curtis!!!  (Read 774 times)

Offline Chunker119

Thank you ALR but a YUGE Hat-tip to Curtis!!!
« on: May 09, 2024, 06:16:10 PM »
While I am forever grateful for the wealth of knowledge and insights shared by everyone on this forum, I just wanted to extend a YUGE "thank you" to Curtis for his fantastic build-alongs and picture tutorials. These posts are absolutely invaluable resources for new builders like myself.

When I build a rifle, I am absolutely terrible at remembering to take pictures as the build progresses. Its hard enough to not make mistakes on the rifle itself, let alone documenting each phrase   ::)  The amount of time and energy that Curtis spends to provide us with a step-by-step process into a project is no small effort and I felt inclined to extend my sincerest "atta-boy" for his efforts.

As a proud owner of some of his handy-work, it is such a treat after a long day to find his latest update and escape some of the craziness of everyday life by observing a real craftsman at work.

So my thanks to all of those that take time to help us new guys, but my heart-felt gratitude goes to you, Curtis! Cheers!  :D

« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 12:58:05 AM by Chunker119 »
Colton L. Fleetwood                
     "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway"  - John Wayne

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
Re: Thank you ALR but a YUGE Hat-tip to Curtis!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 10:01:44 PM »
  Chunker119 I will second this about Curtis. He has helped me a lot.

Offline J.D.

• Starting Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 01:32:23 AM »
Agreed. Curtis demonstrates it doesn't take a machine shop to make an excellent piece of art. He has demonstrated that with simple tools, many of us already have, and some guidance, anyone can make a usable hunting or target rifle.

Offline Curtis

• Missouri
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 06:45:18 AM »
Well WOW, Colton, now I'm really humbled! It's really great to know that some folks are getting a bit of usefulness out of my postings, or at least some enjoyment from viewing the threads.  Posting a build now and then helps me out a bit as well, it keeps me from getting too lazy and puts pressure on not to screw things up too badly.   ::) ...Though it is also good to post about mistakes and problems that come up and to present a way to fix things.

And thank you oldtraveler61 and J.D. also.  Your comments mean a lot to me as well.

Curtis
Curtis Allinson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes, late at night when I am alone in the inner sanctum of my workshop and no one else can see, I sand things using only my fingers for backing

Offline flatsguide

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2024, 03:31:08 PM »
I agree, Curtis’s posts are always informative with well photographed documentation. Whether novice or an experienced builder there is most always a nugget of info to be gleaned.
Cheers Richard