General discussion > Shop Made Tools

How I keep my pins organised.

(1/4) > >>

BJH:
I keep a piece of pine with a generic long rifle drawn on it. I have pin holes drilled in it in all the normal places. As all the pins are different lengths this keeps them all organised during the various assembly and disassemble steps. Plus prevents loss of the pins on my normally messy bench.

Don Getz:
Darn BJ, I knew you had to be good at something.   That's a great idea, I'm always having trouble keeping those things
organized, will have to make one, thanks...............Doon

Nate McKenzie:
I'm on my way to the shop to make one. Great idea.

BJH:
I have been using this rig for years. I just couldn't figure a simpler way to keep them straight, and not lost. Some folks are more organised than me. They even have neat work benches.(Sign of a truely sick mind)  :D

Birddog6:
I was continously loosing track of a screws, pins, etc.  How many times ya browned a barrel & misc & go to put it together & you can't find a screw or pin or whatever  ?   ::)   Or ya got them all browned & ya look & say "oh $#@*... did I have those two longer ones in the toeplate or the patchbox ?? "  And where in the He// did the front sight go ?

Here is how I keep up with them. Simple, & easy ....... Old silverware container with sections, just moved the one piece over to allow a t/guard. Keep the screws  & pins with the piece they attach........ no more hunting misplaced parts.  Yes, crude...........   but it works.

As for a clean workbench ?  Only had one 1 time, when I built the bench 25 years ago.   ;D  Been a total disaster ever since   ::)

Keith

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version