Author Topic: We're Hiring!  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
We're Hiring!
« on: July 22, 2024, 07:25:27 PM »
We are still searching for a qualified muzzleloading gunsmith here at Kibler's Longrifles.  In short what this means is that we are looking for someone with strong hand skills that has experience in building high quality longrifles.  Ideally they would have an understanding of the historical aspect of these rifles as well.

Duties would include assembling rifle kits, some "in the white" some finished.  Carving and engraving rifles if capable as well.  In addition there would be continual work involving prepping kit stocks for shipment.

Individuals would need to be able to stand at a bench working for 6-8 hours a day.

We will pay extremely well for a highly qualified individual (50-100K per year).  Wage would of course be commensurate with ability, however. 

If interested please send a message to jim@kiblerslongrifles.com and include examples of your work.

Jim

Offline B Kauffman

• Starting Member
Re: We're Hiring!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 04:31:27 AM »
If you were in central PA I'd  consider it Jim.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 12:50:45 PM by B Kauffman »

Offline mountainman

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024, 04:12:18 PM »
Just a thought, wouldn't it be better to have a list of various gun builders that would be willing to do those on consignments, but yet be able to work in their own environments? If you think about it, a lot of us are doing just that. It wouldn't be as much pressure for one individual, and at the same time somebody else can take on another project and you could have more than one builder working on different individual projects, and get more done that way. I don't know if this makes any sense or not, and maybe you already had thought about this possibility???

Offline oldtravler61

• We all make mistakes.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2024, 05:45:16 PM »
   Sitting Fox Muzzleloaders has been doing this for years.

Offline James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2024, 05:58:32 PM »
The more things are "out of the house" the less control of all things "in the house".

Offline Ats5331

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 06:44:44 PM »
Sent you a PM Jim

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2024, 07:17:48 PM »
If it weren't a 4-hour commute.....

But I can't stand up that long anyway!  I'll support you by buying a nice smooth bore tho.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.