Author Topic: my new hunting bag  (Read 5937 times)

Offline frenchman

• Keep it simple
my new hunting bag
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:35:19 AM »
well here it is. A double pouch bag 12 inches wide x 8 deep, vegetable tan leather, the front of the pouch my initial in the center , inside of the pouch suede from an old jacket added a knife and a small pocket just have to find the right bottom or maybe a piece of bone for that small pocket, vinegar stain some oiling left to do and finish the horn and decide if i will attache to the bag.
[/img]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:22:54 PM by Tim Crosby »
Denis

eagle24

Re: my new hunting bag
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 05:05:58 AM »
I like it Denis.  Really cool treatment to the flap.  Nice Job!

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 05:25:10 PM »
Denis, nice looking bag and I do like using vinegaroon as well.  Good job.  What was your thought process when you made this a double pouch and the determing factors to make it at this size? 
Gary
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Offline T.C.Albert

• Global Moderator
    • the hunting pouch
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 05:40:13 PM »
Tres Bien mon ami.....very well done.
TCA
"...where would you look up another word for thesaurus..."
Contact at : huntingpouch@gmail.com

Offline frenchman

• Keep it simple
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 10:05:01 PM »
Denis, nice looking bag and I do like using vinegaroon as well.  Good job.  What was your thought process when you made this a double pouch and the determing factors to make it at this size? 
Gary
The reason is to be able carry a bottle of water and some food for the day when i go out for big game. I won't need to carry another bag or fill my pockets and will also use it for small game . I don't think  i would go bigger than this, than we try to bring the kitchen sink . This is my first personalized bag the center hold my initials.I attempt to think out of the box and try a different approach  and will also use it for my shooting bag for now. I am thinking out my next project for smaller bag but for shooting only and also a canvas bag after Mr Albert article in the muzzleloader it would be a nice addition.
Denis

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 10:31:12 PM »
Nice thoughts and thanks for sharing.  I can understand making something slightly larger (or smaller) than what we think as norm.  It certainly looks well made and should last a lifetime. 
Gary
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Jefferson58

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 04:21:11 PM »
Very nice-looking pouch. I really like the flap decoration / treatment.

Jeff

JohnnyM

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 05:10:59 PM »

Well done!

mill creek trading

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 01:00:59 AM »
Excellent job.

omark

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 07:21:31 PM »
very, very nice, i really like it. was just wondering about the pocket. first, is it HC, and if so, what was generally carried in it? again, very nice.  8)  mark

Offline frenchman

• Keep it simple
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 03:06:50 AM »
Hi Mark, are you talking about that small pocket on the the shoulder strap. If so ,  i made it for my gps and when i use it as a shooting bag i will use it for shooting garbage. For it's originality can't answer that.  But you know if somebody needed it in some form or another they would put it on if it would make it easier for them for some reason or another.
D
Denis

omark

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 08:17:46 AM »
french, thanks for the reply, and you're right about if it was needed.  mark