Author Topic: left side carry of pouch and horn  (Read 21413 times)

BrownBear

Re: left side carry of pouch and horn
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2010, 12:08:07 AM »
I'm a lefty, and as described in a previous post I "saw the light" awhile back and tried switching my bag and horn from my usual right side to the left.  Been doing it for close to a year now, and out of curiosity I mounted up a rig on the right side once again.

Man, what a blur of flying elbows and stuff hitting the ground.  I support the rifle with my right hand while doing chores with the left, and putting that bag back on the right sure made for a lot of switching the rifle back and forth to my left hand while my right dug in the bag.  Anyone is welcome to do as they please, but this convert has crossed the river for good.

Offline Jerry V Lape

Re: left side carry of pouch and horn
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 12:40:34 AM »
Just seems natural to me that the bag be on the same side as my strong hand (righthanded) so I can do all the things necessary to load from there.  Powder, patch, ball, starter, patchknife (I cut at muzzle usually) and priming.  Further, I don't like my shooting shoulder to have straps etc on it to hang up the butt on a quick mount.  Missed a couple grouse that way once with a vest strap.