General discussion > Contemporary Accoutrements

Another flat bag horn

(1/2) > >>

G. Elsenbeck:
This one is about 6 3/8 in along the outside curve featuring an apple base plug with a turned antler applied tip.  The thickness about 5/8 in.  Still have to pin the tip and make a stopper, but is essentially done.   Should make a nice little primer.
Gary

bigbat:
I like it.  I am turning an antler tip for a southern horn after I have a bite to eat.  Cathy wants to ride horses today, but I want to finish this horn.  She is working on a Grant expedition against the Cherokees horn.  Its looking super.

Tim Crosby:
 Nice work Gary. I think I made it's twin the other day, I'll get a pic and post it, no apple wood though, I would like to find some.

Tim C.

Jefferson58:
Very nice Gary. That is a good-looking little horn. I love the tip. If you still have it, bring it to the 18th. Century Show, if you are coming. I would love to see it.

Jeff

G. Elsenbeck:
Thanks guys, appreciate it.  Can't wait to see its twin Tim, but I have this one's brother on my bench.  This one leans to the right, the other one leans the other way, lol.  Not the best selections of horn, but you gotta dance with the ones ya bring.  ;D
This one had more streaks of white and brown, but the more you scrape/file to make it thin enough to flatten you end up with this.   My plans on this one will go with a 'left side' bag. 
Jeff, if I have it I will have it for the annual meeting, if not for Lewisburg and I'm sure the both of you will have some wares of your own. 
Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version