General discussion > Contemporary Accoutrements

size of pouches

(1/2) > >>

frenchman:
Gentlemen what is the smallest pouch ever found and are there any pictures available, it got me thinking when i was making the wallet , i figure the width of a man's hand would me the minimum for me.

LRB:
   The size of the bag depends on what you want to carry. Make it no larger, no less. Simple.

frenchman:
true the fun is to create what you need, tired of scrapping the bottom of the bag so i will keep making wallets for the need.
thanks for your impute

BrownBear:
There are some pretty small bags around.  I've found a better measure than the width of a hand though.  I want one big enough that my balled fist moves into and out of without hanging.  It's a real drag to reach into a small bag and grab something, then have your hand hang up as you try to withdraw it. 

TC Albert's book Recreating the 18th Century Hunting Pouch has some excellent patterns for small pouches, along with superb instructions for their build.  The best of the best in my experience.

frenchman:
done that one from Tim Albert book , done all of them ,for now he is about my only reference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version