Author Topic: Desperately seeking!  (Read 3808 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Desperately seeking!
« on: January 23, 2010, 01:04:37 AM »
Well not quite desperate!   I see that Track lists only a 10 x 32 repl bolt for their flash guards while Jim C's lock uses an 8 x 32 as a frizzen bolt/axle ::) Jim advertises non such item!

Now then anyone out there know of where said 8 x 32 bolt designed for that application is available?   

I prefer not to jury rig an 8 to fit (fowler is just too nice).  As a last resort I can drill down thru the pan and attach a homehammered guard thataway.  Wouldn't be the first time....  Or I could find a place on the firing line with noone on my right hand side so I don't get ridden out on a rail tarred and feathered.... ;D  Or go to a shoot where there is no other shooters.  Maybe I could win sumthin! ;)

keweenaw

Re: Desperately seeking!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 01:15:27 AM »
Making a longer 8-32 screw with a nut on the end to attach the flash guard is no big deal.  Which of Jim's locks is on your fowler?

Tom

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 03:15:45 AM »
Making a longer 8-32 screw with a nut on the end to attach the flash guard is no big deal.  Which of Jim's locks is on your fowler?

Tom
Tom: Thats what I'll have to do if no proper 8 x 32 is  not available.  It sure isn't that I do not have any 8 x 32 bolts laying around.  I'd prefer this fowler stay 'neat'!   Thankee   She be the round faced English   ! :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 06:26:03 PM by Roger Fisher »

Offline Pete G.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 03:16:20 AM »
Track lists a #8 blank lock bolt that could have the head turned down and threaded as necessary.

Offline Jim Chambers

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 03:42:22 AM »
Flash guards and the proper screw and nut are available from Mike Lea (614-291-4757) or oldguns2109@sbcglobal.net.  We don't make them because Mike has already been doing that for years, and there's is not need to duplicate efforts.....a view not shared by some in the industry.

Offline KentSmith

• Augusta Gunworks
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 06:02:52 AM »
Mike is the guy to talk to.  Used one of his and it worked just fine first time with no damage to the lock at all.