General discussion > Contemporary Accoutrements

Gift Pouch

(1/2) > >>

Lloyd:
I made this bag year before last to give to my son-in-law for a Christmas present last year.  I also made all of the accouterments that went with it.

Overall shot of pouch and horn showing relationship of all items when put together.

Front of pouch showing hair covered flap, tooled front of bag and scalloped welting that was used throughout. You can also see the jute webbing that I used for the strap.

Interior of pouch, lined with ticking, also showing ball bag.

Picture of the antler handled patch knife that went with the pouch.

Shot showing the pocket on the back of the pouch that holds the firestarting kit

The firestarting kit that fits into the external pocket on the back of the pouch

I am currently working on a pretty elaborate fowler pouch that I will be presenting to someone at the Western Gathering of the American Long Rifle Association...  (that other ALRA)  I will post pictures when I complete this bag.

Edited back in:  I forgot to add, the leather is stained using Nitrate of Iron, the binding is alum tanned goat stained with walnut hulls.  All stitching is done with 4 ply linen cord, the goat skin is sewn to the ticking using linen thread.

bigbat:
Lloyd, you sure are a busy man.  Nice job.

Lloyd:
Scott,
You know about projects that most of these other guys don't have any interest in...

And yes, I am somewhat of a workaholic.....

Tim Crosby:
 Good looing outfit, nice work.

Tim C.

G. Elsenbeck:
Lloyd, very nice looking bag.  Is the hair on cowhide or soemthing else?
Thanks for sharing.
Gary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version