Author Topic: More Heffley Creek Rondy pix  (Read 7375 times)

Harnic

More Heffley Creek Rondy pix
« on: January 28, 2010, 09:04:50 AM »
I found a couple more pix my son took at our Heffley Creek Rondy a couple years ago... sure missed going last year!  :(

Daryl

Re: More Heffley Creek Rondy pix
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:16:24 PM »
Nice, Harry- a few starts out that night.

Harnic

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 07:36:36 PM »
That top picture makes me dizzy Daryl... it was a time exposure of about a minute, hence the "tails" on the stars!  There was grass on the ground in '08, not like last year when it was dust dry!

Daryl

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 08:01:55 PM »
Seeing the muzzle flash, made me think of the late 19th century trend of tying a man over the muzzle of a cannon for execution.   The flame would certainly coterize the, ahhhh, wound, wouldn't it. ;D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:02:56 PM by Daryl »

Offline Robby

• NYSSR ―
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:10:11 PM »
Beautiful pictures Harry, makes me wish I was there.
Robby
molon labe
We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. A. Lincoln

Harnic

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 11:24:19 PM »
Ouch!  That sure would cauterize a wound Daryl!  All the little chunks of body would be nice & crispy!

Those candle & oil lanterns look like gas lights in a time exposed shot don't they?  It was really pitch black in camp anywhere but near a lantern or fire.

Thanks Robby, my son Ben is a !@*%&@ good photographer.  As nice as it looks, it's the folks that attend this event that make it the resounding success that draws anyone who's ever been back year after year.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:09:17 AM by Harnic »

Offline Joe Stein

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 02:49:38 AM »
Nice pics, Harry. You should get a copy of that first one framed.  In fact, I would think your son could make some money from that one.
Good to see you back on the forum.
-Joe

Harnic

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 07:28:19 AM »
Nice pics, Harry. You should get a copy of that first one framed.  In fact, I would think your son could make some money from that one.
Good to see you back on the forum.
-Joe

Thanks Joe, last year was a rough one on the health front, but I'm well on the way to better than "normal". ;)  My interst in life in general & shooting in particular is returning big time! :D

My wife & I run a photo art business & she is a very talented photographer, so Ben, Our son comes by his talent with a camera honestly.  He grew up accompanying us on photo shoots.  He's not in the least interested in pursuing it professionally, it's just a hobby to him (even though he has a better camera than his Mom uses! :D  I have printed a 24" x 36" copy of that shot on our wide format printer & have it up in my work shop where I build guns, cast bullets & reload ammo... reminds me of how much fun is coming up again at the end of Aug this year!!!  Thanks again for the "welcome back".
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 07:28:58 AM by Harnic »

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 11:01:04 PM »
Nothing like good friends in camp at night while setting around the campfire hashing over the day's doings.  You just hate to see breakup come around when it's over.  Great picture of the cannon being fired.  Fantastic picture for sure! :)

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 02:59:25 AM »
Harnic,
On the first photo,  it looks like the camera is looking NNE with the North Star upper left just out of the shot.  What is your latitude there?

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Harnic

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 06:26:16 AM »
Nothing like good friends in camp at night while setting around the campfire hashing over the day's doings.  You just hate to see breakup come around when it's over.  Great picture of the cannon being fired.  Fantastic picture for sure! :)

Bang on Joe.  As good as a location is, it's old (& new ) friends that make it!

Harnic

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 06:29:32 AM »
Harnic,
On the first photo,  it looks like the camera is looking NNE with the North Star upper left just out of the shot.  What is your latitude there?

Regards,
Pletch

Pletch, according to Google Earth, the Heffley Creek Rondy is 50°53'10.20"N by 120°12'47.85"W.  Good eye!  Your take on the direction of Ben's camera is correct!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 07:25:30 AM by Harnic »

Offline KNeilson

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 06:01:40 AM »
New member here, see you this summer for sure..........Kerry

Harnic

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 08:04:58 AM »
New member here, see you this summer for sure..........Kerry

Welcome to the forum Kerry!  I look forward to meeting you at Heffley this year!

Daryl

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 05:10:33 PM »
Absolutely, Kerry - welcome and welcome to Hefley too - it's a hoot.

Offline KNeilson

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 05:38:55 AM »
Harry, Daryl, Thx for the welcome...... Nice to meet a few  locals. Wishin I lived a little more north atm......  :) Kerry

Daryl

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »
Fort shoot.

Kids are a big part of Hefley.

Part of the primitive camp.

Taylor, aligning the cannon in that match.

Primitive Camp is far from uncomfortable. In this picture on the left, is our dear departed friend, Peter Nicholson, may be rest in peace.