Author Topic: Jack Brooks rifle on the Blog  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Ben I. Voss

Jack Brooks rifle on the Blog
« on: February 08, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »
Anybody  else  see  Jack  Brooks  "parts  rifle"  on  the  Blog  today?  I  like  the  idea  of  a  rifle  made  up  of  recycled  parts- I'm  sure  that  it  must  have  been  pretty  common back  in  the  day.  I  love  how  he  incorporated  the  mis-matched  parts  into  a  known  style,  not  to mention  the  aged  finish.  Really  trips  my  trigger.

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: Jack Brooks rifle on the Blog
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 01:12:05 AM »
Jack does put together some guns that by rights, ain't right, but they ARE right.  His recent work is full of fun surprises.  I like the hint of Schreit in the carving.
Andover, Vermont

Offline B Shipman

• W.G. Shipman Gunmaker
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 08:34:23 AM »
Some of Jack's rifles that I've seen are a total bargain as well. Jack has been a leading builder for more years than I can remember. He had this rifle for sale at the Lewisburg show for $3800.  One on the CLA site is asking $2100. You can see rifles on Track with lots of stuff and no clue as to style selling and being sold for the same amount.

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 07:39:09 PM »
Bill,

I started to write a similar post about what a good deal some of these guns by Jack are, but decided not to post it.  I can't agree more.  Just goes to show how efficient Jack is.  For someone on a tight budget or someone just getting started I don't think there would be a better choice.

Offline J. Talbert

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 04:56:33 AM »
Jack is a master without question.  He likes to create a little whimsical history around his projects, but they're always well thought out and historically plausible.

He builds a darn fine rifle, and he's as nice and helpful as they come.

Jeff
There are no solutions.  There are only trade-offs.”
Thomas Sowell