General discussion > Contemporary Longrifle Collecting

Re: CLA Auction Rifles

(1/1)

PINYONE:
Question- the rifles and accoutrements that are auctioned at the show have to be donated? Thats a lot of time and money- you guys must be rich to do all that work- it seems to me that you should be compensated- I don't care if you want to give your work away- I would think that a Organization as big as the CLA could pay the Crafts people for the Art. What is the  $41,000. used for? TGP

acorn20:
Posted by: PINYONE  Posted on: Today at 05:31:45 PM 
Insert Quote 
Question- the rifles and accoutrements that are auctioned at the show have to be donated? Thats a lot of time and money- you guys must be rich to do all that work- it seems to me that you should be compensated- I don't care if you want to give your work away- I would think that a Organization as big as the CLA could pay the Crafts people for the Art. What is the  $41,000. used for? TGP

I would imagine that a large chunk of that money is spent by the association to rent the convention halls for the show.  I'm sure the Hyatt Regency doesn't donate their use.  I don't know if I've ever seen any accounting for monies period from the CLA.  What do they use with monies that are left over?  Does anyone know? 
Dan

Ken G:
Why don't you ask them?  I assume you are both CLA members.   

http://www.longrifle.ws/

Contemporary Longrifle Association
P.O. Box 2097
Staunton, VA 24402
(540) 886-6189

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version