Author Topic: Michigan over the log Championship  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Michigan Flinter

Michigan over the log Championship
« on: August 26, 2008, 04:09:27 AM »
My club Broken Lock Muzzleloading Gun Club hosted the Michigan over the log Championship this last week-end.We had twentyfour shooters participate .It was a fifteen shot event with relays 3-6-9-12-& 15 counted for score.Dudley Bravard took first with 2.379  Charlie Baliey and his grandson John placed fourth and fifth with John beating Grandpa by .029 of an inch.You will prpbably know these folks if you have been down to the York shoot ,Blue Jacket or Allen Coon's shoot.Best "X" for Saturday was .085 and Sunday Dudley had a .013  These are from center of ball hole to center of "X". This was our first year holding this event and hope to have more shooters next year. Eric D. Lau Riverdale Mi.

Offline Tom Currie

Re: Michigan over the log Championship
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 04:48:53 PM »
Eric, Where was this event held ?

Tom Currie
Livonia, MI

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:15:08 PM »
I notice it was shot over 2 days?  Was it 15 shots each day?? 5 for score each day?

60 yds.  ????

Darn fine shooting regardless!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 12:07:07 AM by Roger Fisher »

Photog

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 06:41:59 PM »
I just found out about your club this weekend. I'd like to learn more about this type of shoot. I see you have another coming up in Oct. will it be the same type of shoot?

Any info would be great, I'd like to get into shooting more, and you are only 2 hours from me.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:13:18 PM by Photog »

Offline Michigan Flinter

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 10:26:12 PM »
 Thanks for the questions .Tom we are located just south of the Alma airport on Ely Hwy or due west of Ithaca , north of Lansing about sixty miles.Roger it was a two day shoot if you wanted to shoot both days .You had to declare which day for score before you shot and the other day for pratice if you want. Every relay for both days we pay back three places plus there is a quater pot you can get in and the best "X" for that relay takes the quaters.The Agg. for the Championship is relays 3-6-9-12-&15 .The Oct . shoot is line matches and our woodswalk.The club cooks three meals a day plus our members have homemade pies cookies ect. for sale .There is an area for primative camps seperate from the tin teepees. Come on up and check us out. Eric D. Lau Riverdale Mi

Photog

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 05:57:31 PM »
What is the range for the over the log shoot? And the line matches too I guess, since that is what is coming next.