Author Topic: Help ID this rifle  (Read 5591 times)

back_4ts

Help ID this rifle
« on: March 02, 2010, 05:51:51 AM »
Good evening gentlemen. I need some help on this gun. It is about 24 caliber or so. It looks just like a Ted Fellows gun but the initials J. W. F. behind the rear sight. Silver escutions, extremely fancy stripped maple?stock.

Has a Russ Hamm Lock and a single set trigger. My friends dad bought this gun in the late 60`s or early 70`s in
Seattle he thinks. I have alot of pictures but am not computer savvy so when I get my daughter to help I will get them on here. Thanks Bill

Offline Nate McKenzie

• Luzerne Co. PA
    • Nathan McKenzie Gunmaker
Re: Help ID this rifle
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:35:58 PM »
Welcome. I think you would get more responses if you had some pictures. There's a how-to in the tutorial section.

Offline Dan'l 1946

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 12:58:02 AM »
 I  wonder if it isn't one of Jim Filipski's early rifles?

billd

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 07:00:28 AM »
I don't think Jim is old enough to have built a gun in 1970.

back_4ts

rifle pics
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 09:18:12 AM »
Here are the pictures of the rifle that I would like to have identified. Thanks Bill

Offline Dave B

Re: rifle pics
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 07:10:41 PM »
I could be mistaken but this I believe was built by  one of our own here. Jim W fillpinski
sorry Jim I tried to find you on the list to spell it correctly
Dave Blaisdell

billd

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 08:33:09 PM »
In an earlier post you said it was made app. 1970. Jim, being the same age as me, was still in high school. Are you sure of the date?

I'm sure Jim will chime in?

Nice gun!
Bill

back_4ts

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 10:19:40 PM »
 The guy that owns it is sure his dad got it in either late 60`s or early 70`s no later than 1975. Mr. filipsky
 said he never made anything that small in a muzleloader. thanks for the replies

Offline Don Getz

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 04:34:40 PM »
Give us some more clues.    Where did your Dad live when he bought it? or, what part of the country are we talking about.
Don

back_4ts

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 06:37:26 AM »
 It was my friends dad. According to him his dad bought the gun on the way through seattle at that time. He was headed for Juneau Alaska. It was in Juneau until 2006 when his dad passed away. That is all he could remember.

I beleive he ultimatly wants to sell the gun if it can be identified. He beleives the gun has not been fired. The barrel  measures .315 as near as I can get it. Browned barrel square lands. All of the escutions look to be silver
 and hand engraved. The nose cap is silver and has TDC for Ted Cash I beleive.

If anyone wants anything else please let me know.Thanks Bill