Author Topic: A Classic Upper Susquehanna Longrifle... Who Made It?  (Read 13622 times)

Offline Pukka Bundook

Re: A Classic Upper Susquehanna Longrifle... Who Made It?
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 05:58:50 AM »
Eric,

I too feel sure there are a couple of letters After the final 'K", if that's what it is.  Positive in fact.

Sometimes slanted light shows much more...

Barngunguy

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 03:07:10 PM »
I just read this thread this morning.

I wanted to thank the OP and owner of that gun. What a beautiful gun, definitely a prize.
Many thanks to the owner for allowing the photos.
Also the members for their comments.
Always a joy reading threads like these. Thanks to all.

Offline jdm

• member 2
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2018, 03:22:37 AM »
Thank you everyone for your help and input on this rifle . Thank you Mark for all your research.  I added one more pic of the comb that wasn't on here before.
Barngunguy  glad you enjoyed it.  I will have this with me at the  Prairie state Longrifle show in Princeton Ill. ( Feb 23 &24 )   if anyone is interested in seeing it.  Thanks again  Jim

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:23:58 AM by jdm »
JIM

Offline OldSouthRelics

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2018, 08:33:31 PM »
Jim,

Thank you for sharing the rifle. Your rifle and the similarities it has to mine highlight the reason why I really enjoy this forum. Sans this forum, I would have no idea there was another rifle with such similar characteristics. This accumulation of the pictures and posts will eventually lead to more discoveries in every aspect of collecting, and hopefully bring an increasing amount of information about makers to owners, or the awareness of similar firearms as in the instance.

I attached a picture of the same area of my rifle for comparison. I think your rifle is of higher quality, but mine does not lack too far behind.

Bob

IMG_0162" border="0