General discussion > Contemporary Longrifle Collecting

Excellent new publication

(1/2) > >>

jwh1947:
For those in CLA, you likely know about this.  For non-members, just another reason to join.  The first edition of American Tradition: The Journal of the Contemporary Longrifle Association. is in the mail. Glossy cover, high quality paper inside.  Useful literature and good, pattern-quality, color photography throughout.  No expenses spared, and impressive, consistent with the entire CLA act.  I remember when CLA was nothing more than an idea in Gordon Barlow's mind.  Then, with the help of some astute friends, the idea became a vibrant and constructive organization in little more than a few years. 

Those not yet signed up can apply on line at: www.longrifle.com/membership/.
An easy group of longrifle people to like.  Mega-convention each August in Lexington.  Wayne

smshea:
 I just received mine in the mail and I gotta say that is by far one of the nicest , most professional publications I've ever seen! :o Hats off to the CLA!!!  I'm not sure it could be nicer!

Gary:
I too was impressed and paid my dues when I saw Art De Camp at the annual meeting of the Honourable Company of Horners in Reston Village, Ohio.

smylee grouch:
I too belong and am glad I do. This new publication is just one more reason why the good ole days of longrifle making might be now as compared to when I started in the 60s. So many more recorces, both information wise and parts availability wise as compared to back then. Relish the times and spread the word. Best wishes, Flintlocks Forever.     Gary

hornturner:
I am really pleased to hear how well the new magazine has been recieved.  I can tell you that alot of people worked very hard to make it what it is.  Plans for the second issue are underway and it sounds like it may be even better!

I thought I might mention that the extra copies of the first edition of American Traditon magazine are fast running out.  Anyone who joins the CLA will receive a copy as long the supply holds out.   Don't delay if you're thinking of joining and haven't done it yet.

Art DeCamp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version