Author Topic: a great day of shootin!  (Read 2194 times)

Offline yip

a great day of shootin!
« on: March 08, 2010, 04:15:51 PM »
   well, so much for cabin fever, for the 13 shooters that showed up for our monthly shoot on sunday.temperture was in the mid 40s and the sun was shining. what great day to spend shootin. i want to thank the fellas from somerset, Pa, and ole hank fire hank from the state, were men are men and sheep is scared (by God West Virgina) these guys had to spend an hour and a half driving just getting there. we shot 25 targets through the woods and had a great pot of beef stew, thanks to our buddy sam,it can't get better than that! again thanks to all that showed up, and hope to see ya all again!      check our web page at    www. powderpatchandball.com

PAMuzzlelshooter

Re: a great day of shootin!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 05:13:09 PM »
Sure was a great day.  Glad to be able to shoot again with you guys.  Bin since October that I was able to shoot.  New targets were great.  Got a feather, but missed the card.  Oh well, more practice I guess.

We had targets from 5 yards to 98 yards and a "Running Deer".  It's great! 

We are having our next shoot the last Sunday in March (28th) because of Easter falling on the first Sunday in April.

This shoot will include our 200 yard "Bucket Shoot".  200 yards shooting at a target the size and shape of a standard metal water bucket.

If you have a hankerin' to blow smoke from your front stuffer come on out.  You don't have to be a member to shoot.  Just come on out and have a good time.

Check out our wesite at   http://www.powderpatchandball.com/

Doug
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 11:09:08 PM by PAMuzzleshooter »

Daryl

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 04:46:34 AM »
Sounds like a great shoot, guys.  We don't have a running deer, but do have a flying goose that is shot every Sunday.  It's broadside and comes down at an angle. Proper dead and elevation are necessary to hit it.

Offline Brian Jordan

• Pennsylvania
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 07:33:19 AM »
I also belong to this club, and there are a fine bunch of guys there to shoot with. Most people compliment us on our course, and have fun shootin' it. Lookin' forward to the bucket!
Elizabeth, PA

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms"...Thomas Jefferson

Let's Go Brandon!