Author Topic: James Rogers bag on Blogspot  (Read 3338 times)

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Andover, Vermont

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
Re: James Rogers bag on Blogspot
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 06:45:06 PM »
I was just looking at that bag.   It is very neat.   I like the tooling.

Mark E.

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 07:37:55 PM »
I love all kinds of bags from the backwoods, bark-tanned, critter bits still attached types, to the ones that represent a saddlemaker's or professional leatherworker's art.  I can see an English gentleman or a landed American colonist carrying this bag while fowling.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:38:10 PM by richpierce »
Andover, Vermont

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 08:58:38 PM »
Nice looking bag James. Looking forward to seeing it in person, hope you bring it to our show next week.
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 09:10:31 PM »
James, awesome work.  I love the details. Great work again.
Gary
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Offline James Rogers

• James Rogers
    • Fowling Piece
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 02:02:28 AM »
Thanks very much guys. You are too kind to my cobbled messes. I liked how that one turned out also.
I am in the process of designing a series of pouches, game bags and other accoutrements related to birding and other sporting type shooting of the 18th century.
Instead of using original existing pouches, which are all but non-existent with any provenance, I have used period paintings that include these items as the source of my interpretation. Of course I have attempted to incorporate design elements and techniques of the few available originals as well. I call the pouch on the blog the "Ridgemont".
I will have a few different designs at the Williamsburg show including this one below that I call the "Duke of Richmond" game bag.