General discussion > Antique Gun Collecting

I Hawkins lock on ebay

(1/6) > >>

Robert Wolfe:
What do you guys think about the I Hawkins lock on ebay? About $950 and about 15 bids if I remember right. All the internals are rusted away. Neat looking lock but that is a lot of money. Wonder if it destined to replace a missing lock on a gun?

It is item 300410111828 and I have nothing to do with it.

Mike Brooks:
I have alot of suspicion about that particular lock. I don't think it was underground very long.

Dr. Tim-Boone:
Somebody sure thinks they know something...upped the bid $200 from $650 to $850 in one move!!  Doesn't look like the real article to me...too much damage on the back and none on the front???

JTR:
It does seem strange that the lock is rusted everywhere, except for the name area.

I wonder if anyone makes copies of this type of lock, including the name and touch mark? Maybe Blackley?

If it's just an out and out fake, someone would have to go to an awful lot of work to fake it with the name and touchmark, for not a heck of a lot of return.

But then again, even if it is the real deal, is it worth the price? One bidder seems intent of getting it, so who knows how much higher the price will go?
Unless I had a gun that needed that lock, I wouldn't have bid more than a couple hundred at most.
John

D. Taylor Sapergia:
Would someone post a link here please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version