Author Topic: Copy Of a Lovely Chambers Rifle - Update of photos  (Read 45785 times)

Offline SingleMalt

• One day I'll be considered a good builder.
Re: Copy Of a Lovely Chambers Rifle - Forgot something !!!!
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2017, 03:57:28 PM »
That's a neat tool.
Never drink whisky that isn't old enough to vote.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."- Plato

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
Re: Copy Of a Lovely Chambers Rifle - Replaced photos !!!!
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2017, 02:31:22 AM »
I have been communication with Barbie about ordering more locks and parts from Jim Chambers.  In discussing the new projects with a friend, he  asked if I had pictures of the process of building a copy of one of Jim's beautiful rifles.  I had sent him the link to this thread about the time of the whole dust up with PhotoBucket.  He just sent me a note telling me there were no pictures !  So I took the time to replace all the old PhotoBucket links......Again, my apologies for resurrecting old news.....
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Darthur

Re: Copy Of a Lovely Chambers Rifle - Forgot something !!!!
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2017, 02:42:59 AM »
I am glad you reposted the pictures Dave. It is such a loss when searching for something only to find the pictures gone. Being fairly new at this site I spend a lot of time searching and reading. It is such a great resource.

Offline elkhorne

Re: Copy Of a Lovely Chambers Rifle - Update of photos
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2017, 08:45:19 AM »
Dave,
Again a fantastic job and a goal for all of us to shoot for, the trip will be fun no matter how ours turn out. You are a true artist and craftsman i will put up against any. Also, like you say, after the Photobucket mess, this site has lost so many good photos on so many articles it is truly a shame. That was Great of you to take the time to repost your photos anew!
We all thank you. I'll get in touch with you sometime son and discuss the Acraglass procedures for beefing up the breech area for us that are still working on our inletting skills. Thanks again!
elkhorne

Offline FALout

« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2017, 01:09:01 PM »
Thank you for your time redoing all the photos.  It's not just here, it's on all forums of all types that lost great info because of how photo sharing is kinda being held hostage.  You do great work that everyone can learn from and aspire to be able to do.
Bob

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2017, 07:12:22 PM »
Thank you for the kind comments.  I use the "Search" feature of this site quite a bit and used to be frustrated when the photos of some posts were no longer in the thread because the original poster had moved them or....whatever?  Now it is really frustrating as most of the photos are gone.  So, little at a time, I am replacing as many of my own photos as I can get to.  I'm glad they are of some use to others as well.
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780