Author Topic: Tip Curtis Dutch lock  (Read 4389 times)

Offline flinchrocket

Re: Tip Curtis Dutch lock
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2022, 07:43:30 PM »
  Is Tip's shop closed down?
The Log Cabin Shop bought Tippy out lock, stock, barrel, and building at Friendship.

Deercreek bought out Tip Curtis

Yep, Jim Christie at Deer Creek bought the Tip Curtis shop, give them a call after the NMLRA Shoot (ends this Sunday) - 765.525.6181
Are you talking about the shop in Cross Plains, Tn

Online Bob Roller

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2022, 08:50:00 PM »
What does the "Becky"lock look like? I have a few odd frizzen springs and maybe I can help.Also,with all the capable people we have here I'd think someone could make one.I do no repair work anymore.
Bob Roller

Offline Yazel.xring

• Ethan Yazel ILoveMuzzleloading.com
    • I Love Muzzleloading
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2022, 10:57:33 PM »
  Is Tip's shop closed down?
The Log Cabin Shop bought Tippy out lock, stock, barrel, and building at Friendship.

Deercreek bought out Tip Curtis

Yep, Jim Christie at Deer Creek bought the Tip Curtis shop, give them a call after the NMLRA Shoot (ends this Sunday) - 765.525.6181
Are you talking about the shop in Cross Plains, Tn

Not sure about the building, but I know he bought the inventory.
Hi, I’m Ethan and I Love Muzzleloading

ILoveMuzzleloading.com, independently reporting on muzzleloading and the people who have kept it going for generations.

Offline flinchrocket

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2022, 11:14:57 PM »
Probably not the shop in TN. He had a huge shop a couple hundred yards from his house. He had the business in one corner and the back had his equipment, tractor, motorhome and I don’t know what. He was a great guy to talk with, very sharp minded.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2022, 04:19:54 PM »
What does the "Becky"lock look like? I have a few odd frizzen springs and maybe I can help.Also,with all the capable people we have here I'd think someone could make one.I do no repair work anymore.
Bob Roller
I would hope if somebody makes a Becky sized lock it would be far more attractive  than the Becky. The Becky is a malformed little Germanic lock. English style would probably be better.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 04:23:26 PM by Mike Brooks »
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Online Bob Roller

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2022, 07:22:23 PM »
the Fenton lock that I made 2 of was on a 16 bore rifle owned by Lynton McKenzie and I don't remember where the parts came from.
The externals were very good looking but the internals were beyond using.MAYBE TRS but I'm not sure.I think Lynton and Steve Alexander made up a rifle and Steve made the lock.One of those 2 that I made was used as a trade item in place of cash by a number of people and the $250 I charged to make it was the established trade value.I think Tom Nixon used the other one on a rifle.
Bob Roller

Offline cshirsch

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2022, 04:08:18 PM »
I have some castings that may help.  http://www.texasguntrade.com/parts.htm 

Offline A.Merrill

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2022, 07:16:32 AM »
  Tip had a big inventory, 150 different styles of stocks, more barrels than I've ever seen anywhere. Tip told me he could get Green River barrels when nobody else could because he ordered 100 barrels at a time.   Al
Alan K. Merrill