Author Topic: Chance to see originals at the Eastern Pa. Longrifle Show 9/18-19 Morgantown Pa.  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
For all you builders that say you don't get to see many original rifles you should consider attending Mac Spencer's show Sept 18-19 longrifle show in Morgantown PA. The link below gives all the information.

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=37018.0
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline HIB

Folks,  Dennis is correct.  The majority of the rifles at this show will be original guns. The collectors in attendance probably have several 100 years of experience combined and all will talk to you about their displays.

The Kentucky Rifle Foundation will all be 'Center Stage' with a display theme of 'Bucks County rifles'. Should be a rare opportunity to see these great guns all at one time.

New to the hobby-moderate collector-contemporary builder or an old F--t like me, this is the show to attend.  Regards,

Offline HIB

Thought you might like to see several pics of past Eastern Pa. Longrifle Show KRF displays. These are from 2010 show.

Stay tuned. I'll post 2011 tomorrow. Regards, HIB

Offline HIB

Folks, These photos are from the 2011 Eastern Pa. Longrifle show. The Kentucky Rifle foundation theme from 2011 was 'Master-Apprentice-Master' and featured the work of John Bonewitz, Leonard Reedy and Andrew Fichthorn Jr.