Author Topic: New product announcement tomorrow  (Read 5550 times)

Online Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
Re: New product announcement tomorrow
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2023, 03:55:05 AM »
What custom makers are worrying about this?  I keep reading comments about "custom makers" quaking in their shoes but I don't recall hearing from any who have anything negative to say.  IMHO, if there are "custom makers" who are legitimately threatened by this, they probably have a number of other issues to worry about.  Maybe worried "custom makers" should embrace the capitalist spirit of the US while they still can and try to one-up what Jim is doing, or perhaps create a more "custom" niche for themselves that will always remain in demand.

I will always admire anyone who builds a successful business for themselves.  That's what the US is all about.  Or should be.
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2023, 04:10:19 AM »
I totally disagree that the Kibler kit is having a negative impact on anything.  It’s quite the opposite for new builders.  I’ve referenced my buddies Kibler kit a dozen times.  Never once have I referenced the TVM kit I started out on.  The Kibler kit is worth the money as a reference piece. 

Offline Algae

« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2023, 05:07:22 AM »
AMEN MR. KETTENBURG!!

Al Jenkins

Offline varsity07840

« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2023, 05:29:28 AM »
You actually can find facets like that in incised carving that was cut by a V parting chisel and driven with a hammer.  Just like you can find them in hammer-driven engraving to some extent.  You can find anything if you look at it with a magnifying glass.  I don't think historically anyone was looking at anything with a magnifying glass.  I also sure hope someone doesn't look at anything I do with a magnifying glass.
Me too. Sometimes I engrave a wide line.

You mean like this?
THAT'S IT! I have done tons of horrible stuff like that over the years. It's funny how many people send me their stuff to be engraved. I always recommend Chuck Edwards but he has a longer wait time and charges more. You would think people would learn. ;D
EDIT:  Dam! I run some of the best borders in the business! 8)

Chuck fixed it.

Offline Whitewalls

• Starting Member
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2023, 07:52:58 AM »
At this point Kibler really has little competition in the flintlock kit business. Other brands kits require a bit too much for most people.
Pretty much any person can assemble a Kibler kit and make a very fine looking and very accurate rifle with minimal tools and with no experience at all. How could anyone argue that is a bad thing?

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2023, 04:23:10 PM »
Sorry guys but this topic has become very heated and personal attacks have occured. I removed a few posts. If you want to continue this discussion use PM's to each other but try to respect each other's opinions in a civil manner.

This topic is locked
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson