Author Topic: Shooting USA  (Read 5199 times)

Offline T*O*F

Shooting USA
« on: September 04, 2008, 04:52:40 PM »
No details yet, but I guess that Shooting USA will be filming our  ML shoot this coming weekend for an episode to be shown on the Outdoor Channel.

They told me to bring my smoothbore.

Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

ironwolf

Re: Shooting USA
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 11:36:00 PM »
  That's good news indeed.  Keep us posted.  My club shoot and meeting is this weekend and I'll spread the news.
  What is  your club and where are you located?

Kevin

Ohioan

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 02:16:24 AM »
pretty neatt! i love jim scoutten.  He used to post on www.ar15.com.  You could get on there and ask him questions and suggest show ideas. 

chapmans

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 05:00:25 AM »
Dave, (TOF)
  Are you sure you want to take the Smoothbore???
   Are you out of that black hole yet?
  Steve

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 08:26:44 PM »
Are you sure you want to take the Smoothbore???

Steve, I've got more than one.

Are you out of that black hole yet?

No, it continues with the hurricane and my son's wedding later this month.

Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »
Well, details for this fiasco really got screwed up as they were passed on.

It turned out that the show, called "Wildlife Chatter," originates out of Covington, TN and it shown on local cable channel 17 there.  They filmed our match, including the safety speech and proper loading technique.

A number of guys brought representative pieces from different eras and shooting disciplines.  We had an F&I era French fusil, an English sporting rifle, an English long range rifle, several Civil War pieces, a set of cased target pistols with barrels for both flint and percussion classes, original revolvers, a custom Schuetzen rifle, early and late Lancasters in flint and percussion respectively, an Austin/Halleck inline, and several others.

Each shooter gave a 3-4 minute vignette which included introducing himself and his ML experience, describing his particular gun and his favored shooting discipline.  Each of these will be featured as "space fillers" thru-out the year.

On a different note, the host's name is Arnold Bull and he is related the the Bull family of E. TN gunmakers.  However he had never seen any of their guns.  I told him I could probably gather some pictures here and send them to him.  If any of you have pictures of Bull guns, please post them.  I thought there were some in the archives, but they may have been in the old archives.  Haven't had time to search yet.
Dave Kanger

-S.M. Tomlinson

chapmans

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 03:32:21 AM »
  Dave,
    Was George there?
 Steve

Offline Scott Bumpus

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 03:46:41 AM »
Hey Dave, where ar you shooting?  Is there a club around these parts?  I joined Hatchie run and have been driving to mississippi to shoot, they are a great bunch but would like to find something closer as well.
YOU CAN ONLY BE LOST IF YOU GIVE A @!*% WHERE THE $#*! YOU ARE!!

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 06:46:23 AM »
Hey Dave, where are you shooting?
We shoot at the Memphis Shooting Sports Assn. in Arlington on the 1st Sunday of every month at 1:30pm.  It is an open shoot and you don't have to be a member to participate.  Five targets most months and four when the days get shorter.  A mixture of paper and gongs or clays at 25, 50, and 100 yards.  Contact me off board if you want more details.

Was George there?
Steve,
George was all over the host like a coonhound starved for affection.  The only thing he didn't bring with him was his box of medals, but he did have his shirt and hat on.   ;)
Dave Kanger

-S.M. Tomlinson