Author Topic: Black Powder Cartridge shooting  (Read 4646 times)

holzwurm

Black Powder Cartridge shooting
« on: September 06, 2008, 01:36:12 AM »
Anyone know if I can shoot black powder cartridge rifle at Friendship down on the bench rest chunk range

Offline Gene Carrell

Re: Black Powder Cartridge shooting
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 12:15:53 PM »
Cartridge shooters were (are) invited to shoot the long range matches with the muzzleloaders next Thur and Fri at Atterbury as part of the nat'ls this year. A recreation of the 1873 Creedmore matches. Come out and shoot at 800, 900 and 1000yds.
Gene

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 06:46:23 PM »
Cartridge shooters were (are) invited to shoot the long range matches with the muzzleloaders next Thur and Fri at Atterbury as part of the nat'ls this year. A recreation of the 1873 Creedmore matches. Come out and shoot at 800, 900 and 1000yds.

It's not quit that simple.  Shooters need to have contacted Pete Terpstra in advance for credentialing to gain access to Atterbury.  If you don't have them, you don't get on to the base.

Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

holzwurm

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 11:42:00 PM »
Interesting - Camp Atterbury East!  ;D I've been there many times - most recently last month for the 40th anniversary gathering of my war time outfit Company D (Ranger), 151st Inf. The only Army National Guard unit activated and sent to Nam in 1968 who were in daily contact with the bad guys. Befor activation we use to travel to Atterbury for our training jumps and weekend LRP training. Members were all from Indiana.  What a nostalgia trip

ottawa

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 01:43:08 AM »
camp atterbary is where i mobed out of for iraq some good ranges out there

holzwurm

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 12:57:59 AM »
welcome home brother.