Author Topic: J Kibler  (Read 7218 times)

Offline b bogart

J Kibler
« on: October 07, 2008, 12:57:52 PM »
Has anyone seen the new beauty Jim Kibler has displayed on the Contemporary Makers site? Just gorgeous! Nice job Jim!!
Bruce

don getz

Re: J Kibler
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 04:21:58 PM »
Needless to say, I have always been very complimentary to Jim, just love his work.  I still claim he is John Bivins reborn.
I don't know if he built this latest gun from scratch or not....it almost looks like a Chambers Lancaster kit gun.  This is in
no way a demeaning observation...if it is a kit gun, it would just show what you can do with such a thing.   With a good
kit gun, or doing it from scratch, when it is finished, who is to know how the wood was removed.  In the case of a kit gun, it is what you do with it from that point forward that makes it a great gun.  All I can say is, WOW, would love it own it..
Don

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 06:35:26 PM »
I am a big fan of Jim's work . I now own two of his rifles and he gets better as time goes. The two that I have are not from kits, they are made from a blank. Beautiful work

Offline b bogart

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 10:34:59 PM »
Blank/kit, who cares?? If they are gonna look like that, the starting point matters not!
Bruce

lew wetzel

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 12:27:08 AM »
jim does amazing work.and having the privilage to attend some classes he and ian are teaching has brought my work along quite a bit.i just bought a blank off jim and will be using it starting in december at a hands on class where we will be building a complete lancaster style rifle.and of course jim and ian will be teaching.

don getz

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 01:30:13 AM »
Gee Whiz.....just went back and blew up all of the photos of his gun.....has to be scratch built.  When you get a bigger
look at that carving it is even better.   Jimmy Boy, that is a great gun......Don

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 04:54:02 AM »
Gee Whiz.....just went back and blew up all of the photos of his gun.....

Don,
How'd you get your lips around them?

Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

don getz

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 05:05:11 AM »
TOF.....I usually start at the muzzle end, then I suddenly remembered you're not supposed to do that , aw heck....Don

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 08:07:36 PM »
Hey guys,

Glad you like the rifle.  I built the rifle probably a year and a half ago.  Some of you may rember seeing it before.  It was stocked from a blank.  I really enjoyed building this rifle and will probably build another heavily carved rifle of similar style before too long. 

Thanks,
Jim

Roy S.

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 02:33:29 PM »
Great rifle as always Jim.