Author Topic: SHOT SHOW in Las Vegas  (Read 2416 times)

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
SHOT SHOW in Las Vegas
« on: January 17, 2011, 10:53:43 PM »
I know its not so much a traditional ML venue, but anyone from here gonna be there?

I will be there as Pro Staff for TomBob Outdoors. No booth #, but I will be wandering around talking to folks about TomBob's traditional muzzleloading product ITX non-toxic shot and roundball. I will stop in and probably hover around the NMLRA booth each day I am there. I'll have a TomBob logo on my shirt. Make sure you stop me and say howdy!!

Ken Prather

www.tomboboutdoors.com
Galations 2:20

BrownBear

Re: SHOT SHOW in Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 12:46:58 AM »
Wish I could be there for FTF Ken, and not just because you're repping ITX! 

Your experience and contributions here on the site are welcome, and it would be great to buy coffee as a thanks.

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
Re: SHOT SHOW in Las Vegas
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 12:38:45 AM »
I am back from Sin City. I walked my feet to nubbins, and talked with a lot of nice folk about TomBob Outdoors and ITX.  But I also talked to some interested modern hunters about hunting pheasant with my Jim Chambers PA fowler. Many modern shooters/hunters have no idea that us traditional muzzleloader folk even exist or why, but after talking with a few, they seemed to be captivated---or at least were humoring the crazy dude in front of them...

I spent a good half hour or more at the NMLRA booth. sitting and talking and taking advantage of an empty chair... my feet were killing me. They are very nice folk! Thanks NMLRA!

I'd sure like to have seen some longrifles, horns and bags in their booth though...(it was kinda spartan) Even a couple folks dressed in period clothing passing out brochures would have been a nice touch. The booth is in the hallway with all of the other orgs, and they all kind of blended into one blurry message. ---as the multitudes passed by. I think a few nice longrifle eye-candy would have slowed em down a bit...

But I know that the logistics of bringing a lot of stuff by plane is hard so...

K
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:47:19 AM by Ken Prather »
Galations 2:20