Author Topic: Speaking of Ron Luckenbill  (Read 5112 times)

famouseagle

Speaking of Ron Luckenbill
« on: October 10, 2008, 01:03:16 AM »
Ron made a great copy of a John Sherry rifle that was raffled off at the recent Jefferson County (PA) Gun and Indian Artifacts show.

The winner (must have been a liberal) elected to take the cash and the gun is now offered for sale, via silent bid, until Nov. 1 @3:00 p.m.  Minimum bid is $1,500.00.

If interested, contact the Jefferson County Historical Society at  814-849-0077 or e-mail Ken Burkett @ kburkett-jchc@windstream.net.

If Ron sees this post, mebbe he'll post some photos.  Really nice gun.

long carabine

Re: Speaking of Ron Luckenbill
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 01:18:49 AM »
 I heard thru the grapevine that a few years ago Ron made a rifle to be raffled off at the Pittsfield rondy and the lucky winner elected to take cash instead. I handled this rofle and feel sorry for the person who didn't take her as a prize. The rifle was outstanding!

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 02:16:15 AM »
I heard thru the grapevine that a few years ago Ron made a rifle to be raffled off at the Pittsfield rondy and the lucky winner elected to take cash instead. I handled this rofle and feel sorry for the person who didn't take her as a prize. The rifle was outstanding!
Meebe the guy needed beer money - poor bugger!

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 03:55:00 AM »
    Thanks for the interest in the Sherry rifle.   The rifle was built for a fund raiser for the Jefferson Co. Historical Society.  It is closely copied from a gun owned by a local collector.  the rifle was built on a straight 7/8 Green Mountain 50 cal. 42" barrel, a Jim chambers late Ketland lock and Davis # 4 D.S. triggers.   I have forwarded photos of the rifle to Famouseagle who will post them for me, as my technical  advisor (read son)  is unavailable to assist me with posting photos.   
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

famouseagle

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 04:05:33 AM »
Here are the photos:

Scott Brush

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
I'm not sure about the winners political persuasion, but I would guess that he/she had no idea what they bought a chance on; the cash prize was $1,000.

Apparently they weren't interested in gambling in the stock market!  ;D

Scott