Author Topic: Conner Prairie Horn Class  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
Conner Prairie Horn Class
« on: October 17, 2008, 06:37:50 AM »
The Conner Prairie Horn Class ended Wed. noon.  We studied Tansel horns with Art DeCamp as the instructor.    I highly recommend the class. Art did a great job.  He spent many hours preparing for the class. 

Just one of the highlights was the group of horns which we could study.  This included those that Art made as well as some fine originals.   Included below are a few photos that I took during class.  There will be more added to my web site on the weekend.

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline Randy Hedden

• member 2
  • American Mountain Men #1393
Re: Conner Prairie Horn Class
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 11:30:00 PM »
Larry,

Are the two pictures above of the same horn done one with flash and one without flash. Is the bottom one of the two more the true color?

Randy Hedden

www.harddogrifles.com
American Mountain Men #1393

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
Re: Conner Prairie Horn Class
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 12:08:01 AM »
Larry,
Are the two pictures above of the same horn done one with flash and one without flash. Is the bottom one of the two more the true color?
Randy Hedden
www.harddogrifles.com
Hi Randy,
Yes, same horn. Both are without flash, but done on different days with different lighting.  I had a lot of trouble getting a decent pic.  My main motivatuion was to get pics of the various carved objects to look at when I got home.  In some cases I took pics of the same horn on different days. The lower one is the truer color.  Focus without a SLR digital was an issue.  I cold have done better with my film camera, but I wouldn't know if I got anything until later.
Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.