Author Topic: Ken's rifle on Contemporary Makers Blog  (Read 3799 times)

chuck c.

Ken's rifle on Contemporary Makers Blog
« on: October 21, 2008, 01:25:02 AM »
Ken, that's another mighty fine looking hog rifle just posted on the blog! Excellent job on the tang inlet. I'm doing one now and that round part is tough! I have to say I miss the poured end cap. To me that's kind of your trade mark. I get a lot of inspiration from you and Ian, keep 'em coming! That rifle sure makes me wish you would do that trigger tutorial you mentioned a while back. If that sounds like a hint or plea, it was both! It's definitely the hand made stuff that make y'alls stuff stand out. Thanks again for sharing.

Offline Ken G

• F & AM #758
Re: Ken's rifle on Contemporary Makers Blog
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 03:03:43 AM »
Chuck,
Thanks for the kind words.  The screw boss is a bugger to do.  Beveling the edge is the key.  Here's a little drawing that might help.  Just about every original I have seen has gaps. 
I'm taking pictures of the tigger set I'm making now.  Maybe I can get a tutorial posted in the not to distant future.
Cheers,
Ken

Failure only comes when you stop trying.

chuck c.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 04:12:39 AM »
"Screw Boss", that sounds a lot more profession than "that round part". I'd seen your illustration before and I did taper it, but it's still giving me fits! Like the originals the ones I've done in the past had gaps in the front, but a little brown accraglass makes it hard to see. I really appreciate the help I get from the people on this site, thanks again.

Offline M Tornichio

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 07:41:40 PM »
I would love to see the trigger tutorial. Nice rifle by the way.
Keep up the good work
Marc