Author Topic: Looking for pictures to draw a Fleeger/Allison stock pattern.  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
I have the book "Longrifles of Western Pennsylvania" by Rosenberger & Kaufmann. I tried enlarging the photos on a photocopier and the lines got very blurry and hard to trace.  Are there any better books with bigger pictures?

TOTW has  "Arms Makers of Western Pennsylvania, by James B. Whisker". Are the pictures there better for  drawing patterns? Bit reluctant to buy the book if not.  The book costs only $40, but they want $38 to ship it to Norway.

Best regards

Rolf

SuperCracker

Re: Looking for pictures to draw a Fleeger/Allison stock pattern.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 01:09:04 AM »
put tracing paper down on the pictures, trace them boldly, then enlarge the tracings instead.

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 01:54:43 PM »
Rolf,  The book you have is the best that I know of on the market.  If you are just looking for a tracing of the outline of a rifle by Fleeger, Allison  etc.  I would imagine that some of our members could supply an outline tracing.  I have a Fleeger tracing that I use in my shop and presently have a McCosh in for restoration.  If you P.M. me an address I can send you outline tracings of either or both. 

Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 04:12:07 PM »
 ;D Thank you for your offer Ron. PM sendt.

Best regards

Rolf

Offline Swampwalker

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 05:38:58 PM »
I have the Whisker book - the photo's are very crisp and clean, though I havn't tried enlarging any yet.   He does have quite a few pictures of Fleeger and Allison rifles.  It's probably worth the $78 just to see some additional examples and good clear photo's.

keweenaw

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 05:55:48 PM »
Rolf,

I usually copy those photos onto a transparency and then project them on the wall with an overhead projector.  Easy to get it to scale and plenty accurate for getting the lines, but Ron's offer sounds good.

Tom

Offline Lucky R A

• In Costume
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 01:29:04 PM »
 Rolf,  The tracings along with some other information went out with the post rider yesterday.  I sure hope his mule is a good swimmer, as it is long way to your side of the pond.
Best wishes,   
Ron
"The highest reward that God gives us for good work is the ability to do better work."  - Elbert Hubbard