Author Topic: Silver mounted pistol from Colonial Williamsburg in 1971  (Read 5967 times)

Offline flintriflesmith

• Flintriflesmith
Silver mounted pistol from Colonial Williamsburg in 1971
« on: October 22, 2008, 01:00:09 AM »
I recently added yet another Wallace Gusler made gun to my web site. This one is a silver mounted European style pistol made in 1971--the same year as the brass mounted rifle added in September, 2008.

Here's the link:

http://flintriflesmith.com/GunshopEraGuns/Wallace_Gusler_Reed_pistol.htm

(You can use the links at the top of the page to look at some other CWF Gun Shop work. If you are interested in both rust and fire bluing look at the pair of pistols made by Jon Laubach.)

Gary
"If you accept your thoughts as facts, then you will no longer be looking for new information, because you assume that you have all the answers."
http://flintriflesmith.com

Offline mr. no gold

• member 2
Re: Silver mounted pistol from Colonial Williamsburg in 1971
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 02:53:49 AM »
Good golly Miss Molly!!! Can someone really do that? What a gorgeous pistol it is and loaded with the finest artistry. Wallace is just the best!
Thank you for showing the jpgs; we need to be inspired every now and then and this one is pure inspiration.
Dick

Offline gibster

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 06:18:59 AM »
That is a fine looking pistol.  I have yet to see anything come out of the Williamsburg shop that wasn't first rate.  Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Gibster

Offline elk killer

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 12:03:13 PM »
very nice,,as always
only flintlocks remain interesting..

lew wetzel

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 04:28:43 PM »
gary i just love your site........thank you for sharing wallices work and all the great gunsmiths who have worked at williamsburg.....

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 11:55:04 PM »
10-21-08

Gary,

I have a recommendation. I suggest that you document and assemble into a book
(Hard Back Limited First Edition) the rifles and pistols etc that have be produced at the Williamsburg Gun Shop. Include all of the makers biographies and time spent at the WGS from the beginning until !!!
From the assembly of data that you have obtained so far, you are well on your way to collecting the data needed to do justice to the subject and history of the WGS.
I was in the Shop the first time in March 1967 and have photographs of Wallace working on a rifle. A couple years back at the CLA I gave Wallace a copy of the  photograph blown up to 8x10. Over the past 41 years my wife and I have been back countless times and as always make a long stay at the Shop.

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide some photographs of a few Rifles and Pistols constructed at the WGS  for all to view.

Please reserve Limited Edition Number 1 for my Gun book collection.

Best Regards,

Robert T Adams 

I'd like to have one of those myself. I'll take #2. As a matter of fact I'll take two.

Thanks, Tim C.

Cimarron

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 03:06:20 AM »
WOW. I knew Wallace was VERY good but.....