Author Topic: Mike Gahagan  (Read 7588 times)

Offline Jim Chambers

Mike Gahagan
« on: October 24, 2008, 02:38:32 AM »
Has everyone seen the Mike Gahagan rifle on Art Riser's site?  Many will agree that Mike is the best kept secret of all the contemporary makers.  His work is simply the most tastefull and most flawless of any being done today.

Offline Dan'l 1946

Re: Mike Gahagan
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 08:55:38 AM »
Has everyone seen the Mike Gahagan rifle on Art Riser's site?  Many will agree that Mike is the best kept secret of all the contemporary makers.  His work is simply the most tastefull and most flawless of any being done today.

I check Art and Jan's site every day and that rifle nearly floored me! It is perfection. And yet I don't recall seeing Mike Gahagan's name very often. There are a few more of his rifles on their site if you want to check them out.
    Dan

lew wetzel

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 02:35:25 PM »
ya thats a nice rifle,i really like the " liberty" bag and horn by tc albert also.that is such a wonderful site.

Offline RobertS

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 06:01:43 AM »
I agree, he does beautiful work, and there's something extra special about it that you just can't put into words.  That Jud Brennan rifle up there today is no slouch either.  I try to check that site every day, and sometimes it just is the highlight of my day. 

long carabine

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 05:41:08 AM »
 Jim, can you post the web address of the site please? Thanks, Tim

Offline Randy Hedden

• member 2
  • American Mountain Men #1393
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 08:15:02 AM »
Jim, can you post the web address of the site please? Thanks, Tim

http://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/

Randy Hedden

www.harddogrifles.com
American Mountain Men #1393

don getz

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 05:47:17 PM »
Yes, I have been a fan of "Mac DaHagan" for a long time.   You may think I misspelled his name, well, almost.  He is sometimes called that by a local guy....Jim knows him.    But, in his own southern way, he pronounces "Mike" as "Mac",
just like he can't pronounce "Air", says "Ar".....he's a good, quiet guy, who just works like he talks.....slow......Don

Offline Blackpowder Barbie

• Jim Chambers Flintlocks
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 12:56:24 AM »
Here are a few photos of pieces we own...

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 06:36:27 PM by Blackpowder Barbie »
Barbie Chambers-Phillips