Author Topic: The guns of Don Kammerer  (Read 6280 times)

chapmans

The guns of Don Kammerer
« on: November 08, 2008, 08:59:39 PM »
    I found these photos of some of the guns built by Don Kammerer. Don started building muzzleloading guns full time in 1970 and was building up until his death in 1997. Most of these gun were built in the late 70's and early 80's. 
      I first met Don in 1963 when I was 5 yrs old he had just returned home from a stint in the army, he was shooting his first rifle, that he affectionatly called "Old Puke", and he invited me to shoot it and I've been hooked ever since. I grew up watching him build muzzleloading guns and we hunted and fished together right up until he died. I went to Friendship with him as a teenager and I still go today. It's still hard to pass his booth that now is empty.
      I don't know who these guns were built for or where they are today but I thought I would post them in hopes some will enjoy them.

This is "Old Puke"

Don also built 1/3 scale and 1/2 scale miniature guns both muzzleloaders and modern,I have photos of both and will post when I have collected them in photobucket.
    Regards, Steve Chapman

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
Re: The guns of Don Kammerer
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 12:42:41 AM »
Hi Steve,
It's good to see these again.  I saw a number of these in his shop.  The boxed pistol with the shoulder stock and extra barrels rings a bell, as does the yeager.  Do I remember a Bible verse on the barrel -"The Lord is my Sheoherd " maybe?

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

don getz

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 07:43:45 AM »
Larry....yes, I can remember the bible verses he liked to engrave on the barrels, from one end to the other.  I will say this, it was done better than Bill Larges' stuff...............Don

JWICKER

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 03:34:43 AM »
The inscription is from the Old Testament & is in German. Nimrod the mighty Hunter.......  Genesis chapter 10 verse 9......

Steve....thanks for the pics/post....it's been awhile since I saw them last.... I'd like to speak to you if you don't mind....Wickers48162@verizon.net

Larry....how have you been?

Jeff

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 03:43:04 AM »
Enjoy the photos of these fine pieces????  Surely did!  Thanks for posting them!