Author Topic: Up dated assembly / work bench  (Read 8314 times)

Offline P.W.Berkuta

Up dated assembly / work bench
« on: January 20, 2012, 03:28:31 AM »
Up dating my assembly / work bench

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 06:12:23 AM by rich pierce »
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline draken

Re: Up dated assembly / work bench
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 08:44:55 AM »
Nice layout, wish I had that much room.      LOL......,there's a loading press on the end of my bench too. :)
Dick 

Times have sure changed. Gun control used to mean keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction

Never write a check with your mouth that your butt can't cash!

JB2

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 08:35:19 AM »
I thought all 'work benches' started life as reloading benches.

Offline Chris Treichel

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 06:43:58 PM »
Who makes the red vise you are using?

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »
Who makes the red vise you are using?
Here is the link to Garrett-Wade - http://www.garrettwade.com/garrett-wades-ultimate-versatile-vise/p/05R10.10/  -- they have them on sale now. The one I show with the cork on the jaws I purchased a long time ago from Steve Wright that one was made in America. The one Garrett-Wade sells is new from China but the casting is a little "beefier" than the original also Jerry Crawford (member here) had inputs to make it better. I like this vise as I do the original. You must understand that this vise is NOT a heavy duty machinist vise but a good all around medium duty wood working vise that also can do some metal working.  ;)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." - Chinese proverb

Offline Chris Treichel

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 02:50:17 PM »
Thank you, I think I saw the discussion on that subject

chuck-ia

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 03:59:40 AM »
Probably a dumb question, but, are the vises adjustable to slide so as not to put stress on the gun when the gun is clamped in? Nice shop and bench. chuck

Offline P.W.Berkuta

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 09:26:16 PM »
No - both vice's are fixed and so far I have not noticed any stress on the rifle but I don't take the barrel out when I clamp it the way you see it nor do I do any gorilla work on the rifle when supported like this.