Author Topic: homemade engraver  (Read 8677 times)

welafong1

homemade engraver
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:02:05 AM »
hi
i just thought i would let you know how i am doing i have been working on #2 engraver we got it started today we adjust the speed but the start up from o on up is not so good i i will try tomorrw to fix it i have a crazzy that might just work .i will try and post pictures of the engraver tomorrw . now the price less the compresser is between  $60.00 and $75.00

thanks for your ear

Richard Westerfield

welafong1

Re: homemade engraver
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 07:01:11 AM »

Offline Curt J

• member 2
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 05:05:14 AM »
Interesting!  I'm curious to know more.

welafong1

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 05:54:31 AM »
hi
sorry its not done yet  i dont know what i am going to do with it i might make them .or i might put the plans on the web or utube it has coast me about $75.00 in parts so far. less the compresser not the machineing or the  labor.i started this out to be coast cuting engraver just to see if it could be done so far so good i will keep youes posted
Richard Westerfield
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:56:53 AM by Richard Westerfield »

Offline Scott Bumpus

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 12:40:19 AM »
I would be very interested in some plans for this.  please.  thank you
YOU CAN ONLY BE LOST IF YOU GIVE A @!*% WHERE THE $#*! YOU ARE!!

welafong1

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 04:15:59 AM »
i am not done making this air engraver and not sure what i am going to do with it i might sell it
if i do that means copy rights and all the bull $#*& that goes with it.i am getting old and dint know what to do if i give it away some scum bag will clam it his own idea get a pattent for it and sell them at a high coast to every one my idea was to build one that did not cost much money i am looking in to pattent rights and if i can do this with out a lawear .we still have ideas kicking around like i said we are not done in the last 48 hrs i came up with a new hand piece that i think every one will say why didn't i think of that and a way to shorten it by hafe but i going to take some time i Will keep you informed
thanks for your interst

Richard Westefield
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:32:09 AM by Richard Westerfield »

AeroE

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 08:20:38 PM »
Mr. Westerfeld,

I am interested in your engraver, whether via a set of plans, parts to assemble, or a finished product.

If it was my project, I would sell drawings for making the tool from scratch and a parts kit with assembly instructions, plus a source list for the ancillary pump, fitting, lines, and so on.  Maybe an assembled and de-bugged tool.  I would sell as many as possible as quickly as possible before the copy cats start selling their own version.

I also wouldn't disclose any more details here until they are ready to sell in order to protect the intellectual property.

A patent is only useful if you have enough money to defend it in court, and with the recent turn in US patent law, the first person to submit the patent application will be awarded the patent whether the IP belongs to that person or not.  The Chinese don't care one way or the other.

Even amongst large companies with dedicated intellectual property offices and attorneys on staff, every great idea may not be submitted for a patent, it may be more valuable as an industrial secret that aids competitiveness.

welafong1

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 08:37:21 AM »
hi AeroE

thanks for the interest i will thank about what you said i will keep you posted on what i  am going to do with the engraver
thank you
Richard Westerfield
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:38:24 AM by Richard Westerfield »