Author Topic: Horn and Bag  (Read 3005 times)

Offline The Original Griz

Horn and Bag
« on: April 02, 2012, 12:45:36 PM »
I have been asked by our local Historical Center to make a map horn of Somerset County as the main prize for the annual raffle and banquet they hold each year. Since they had the funds cut by the state they need all the help they can get. When I was talking to the boss man at the center I offered my wife to make a shooting bag and do it as a bag/horn combe for the raffle. They were very excited about the offer so my wife and I went to work. We will be meeting with the board of directors this evening to present the combo to them and the raffle will start. I figured you folks may like to see some of our humble work, so here is a couple pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Griz5045/DSCN0901.jpg[/img]]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Griz5045/DSCN0904.jpg[/img]]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:46:28 PM by Griz »
“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
Thomas Jefferson
www.timsannerpowderhorns.com

Offline G. Elsenbeck

Re: Horn and Bag
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »
Your usual excellence on the horn and pass kudos on to the missus.  Now, where/when can we get tickets for the raffle?

Gary
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »
Man that horn would be perfect for my Mier rifle!  Nice work Griz.  I like it.  Detailed photos would be
great to see.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline The Original Griz

“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
Thomas Jefferson
www.timsannerpowderhorns.com

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:17:28 PM »
Real nice.  I tried to get that color on my spout end.  Just didn't work out for me.  I'm trying the
Rit dye next time instead of the walnut stain.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Beaverman

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 10:56:38 PM »
That turned out pretty sweet Tim!, would like to see some more pics of the bag, looks like SWMBO did a fine job on the pouch!

Online Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 12:51:45 AM »
 Looks like they were made for each other, nice set. Great work on both.

Tim C.

Offline wattlebuster

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 04:00:33 AM »
Ya did a great job. I like it :)
Nothing beats the feel of a handmade southern iron mounted flintlock on a cold frosty morning