Author Topic: Bullet mold from Reaves Gorhing  (Read 6407 times)

Offline Dave B

Bullet mold from Reaves Gorhing
« on: July 05, 2008, 04:18:48 AM »
I had to pick up one of Reave's gang mold parts set. You buy two halves to make your mold. It will allow to  cast swan shot, buck shot and a round ball. I believe the round ball is for a 62 cal.  He explained how you fit the knuckle first then use a buck shot in one of the cavities to hold position while you drill for the hinge pin. The next thing is to drill for alignment pin by the round ball cavity. I did flatten mating surfaces with the use of perma-blue to make sure I had a good fit for the halves. The handles are roughed out of curly maple. I still need to build the fowler that this will go with but now I will have no end of shot for my piece.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 09:58:02 PM by Ky-Flinter »
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Elnathan

Re: Bullet mold from Reaves Gorhing
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 06:08:47 PM »
Interesting. How much is he selling those for?
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition -  Rudyard Kipling

Offline TPH

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:28:50 PM »
Glad to see he still has those. I bought one from him at the Baltimore Show about 20 years ago when the show was still at the Armory. Nifty little mold and it casts good shot. 
T.P. Hern

Offline Dave B

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 08:31:16 AM »
Elnathan,
You know I want to say 30 bucks but I did one of those buy some stuff, come back buy some more stuff. Then back again to get the last of the stuff. One run was 20 and the other two were thirty each. The other mold he had cast three sizes of ball. Pistol ball, fowler ball, and musket ball. at least thats what one customer that was standing there told me. I ran my debit accound down to nothing by then so I only picked up the shot mold.
Dave Blaisdell

lew wetzel

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »
those are handy molds.hope he has those at the cla show....