Author Topic: Dikar front site.  (Read 3961 times)

voyageur1688

Dikar front site.
« on: December 20, 2008, 10:12:19 PM »
 I need to get a new front site for my Dikar Pennsylvania rifle as it was damaged this hunting season. It looks like a CVA but I am not sure if they are the same and if they can be interchanged.
Thanks.

ottawa

Re: Dikar front site.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 05:53:48 AM »
the dikar on your barrle i beleves means dikar spain and is prob a cva :-\i have one as well to replace the site go to dixie gunworks and rder one that looks close an work it to fit

voyageur1688

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 11:40:06 PM »
 Ottawa,
Thanks. I thought it looked like a CVA but it does not say it anywhere on it. Thought it was the make, but it does say Dikar Spain on it. I love the rifle. Before this it was reliable and accurate beyond what I had ever expected.
 Todd

northwoodsdave

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 04:30:59 AM »
I may get corrected on this, but it seems Dikar, Jukar and CVA are essentially the same.  My understanding is that CVA was originally of US manufacture, but then went to Jukar of Spain to have their guns made.   Parts from CVA and Jukar are interchangeable, and I understand that Dikar is the same way.

I'm not sure of the dates (I'm sure someone here could enlighten you) that CVA dropped the Douglas barrels (US made) and went to a Spanish source.  But if it says Dikar, you have a later gun.

Hope that helps

David L

long carabine

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 01:36:06 PM »
Order a sight from TOW then fit it to the gun. better yet buy a custom.