Author Topic: Need help with Baker Rifle trigger guard  (Read 1720 times)

Offline bluenoser

Need help with Baker Rifle trigger guard
« on: January 26, 2014, 06:43:17 AM »
Moderators
This is not a longrifle so, if you feel the post belongs somewhere else please feel free to move it.

I have spent a good part of the last two days trying to salvage the mangled trigger guard on an original Pattern 1800/15 Baker rifle – commonly called the Pattern 1815.  I have finally conceded defeat.  The old casting, which is twisted and in multiple pieces, is of poor quality and very porous and brittle and I have come to realize I am just beating a dead horse.

The only source of a good quality replacement I am aware of is The Rifle Shoppe.  Unfortunately, they list six different part numbers for trigger guards for different models and haven’t posted any photos or dimensions for them, save a general photo of the parts for a Flat Lock Carbine (their model designation 714).  I suspect all six guards may be the same but haven’t contacted them to confirm.  Their 714TG looks right but I would like to confirm measurements before ordering.

If a member has one of The Rifle Shoppe’s trigger guards – ideally, a 714TG, or knows the dimensions, would you please PM me so we can compare dimensions with my original off line.  Your help would be most appreciated.

Laurie