Author Topic: Kentucky Rifle Foundation Auction - Jack Vye Collection - "New Photos June 22"  (Read 26530 times)

Offline Buck

• A.F.A.M. # 934, Trinity Commandry #80
Henry,
Will the prospective buyers be able to handle the rifles prior to the auction?
Buck

Offline HIB

Buck,  Most certainly.  The guns will arrive in Pittsburgh Thurs. evening. They will be put on display in the lobby outside the closed KRA 'members only' show room the next morning as early as possible. Individuals who are not KRA members will be able to view the rifles in the lobby only. They will be on display a large part of the morning, all afternoon and up to auction time.  Individuals interested in the auction but unable to attend will need to arrange bidding opportunities with a KRA member they know as long as payment is made immediately after the auction is over. All individuals in attendance will be allowed in the auction room.  Regards, HIB
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:16:54 PM by HIB »

Offline HIB

Gentlemen,  This rifle has L. A. or possibly Z. A. stamped on the barrel. There are over 25 silver inlays on the incised carved rifle. I don't have the slightest idea who that is. Do you???[/color]

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:53:37 PM by Dennis Glazener »

Offline Buck

Henry,
Zachariah Albright???
Buck
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:51:34 AM by Buck »

Offline HIB

Buck, You are the second individual with that suggestion. Guess the price of poker may just have gone up!!  Thanks for the input.  HIB

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
There is a Z. Albright ( signed) in the Upper Susquehanna volume with identical patchbox and side plate. I once owned it.
Hurricane

Offline HIB

Gentlemen,  I guess that settles that. Thanks to all for the important info.  HIB

Offline HIB

Gentlemen,  Here is a fine looking gun by Wm. Earnhart. Vye collector notes indicate 'some restoration'. This is KRF auction rifle #30; and Vye collection rifle #60.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:54:11 PM by Dennis Glazener »

Offline Majorjoel

These are all a bunch of really great longrifles! That Melcoir Fordney piece keeps beckoning me! Awww.....my taste buds are just too darn rich and I keep getting fatter! Thank you Henry for putting these up for show.  Jack sure had good taste's and quite a collection!
Joel Hall

Offline HIB

Gentlemen, This next rifle is KRA auction #49, Vye collection #49. The KRF has been told the gun is in excellent condition based on the Vye collection notes with 22 silver inlays. The eagle on the cheek rest is impressive.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:54:33 PM by Dennis Glazener »

Offline HIB

Gentlemen,  This rifle  KRF #18, Yye collection #42 is a signed J Heinz rifle. Vye collection notes indicate minor restoration. It is an incised gun with a barrel exceeding 44 inches.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:55:04 PM by Dennis Glazener »

Offline HIB

Gentlemen, This rifle is attributed to Wm. Johnson. It is a half stock gun with 18 silver inlays. KRF auction #14. Vye collection #36

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:55:48 PM by Dennis Glazener »

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
Henry,  Any detailed photos of the Roop?
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Buck

Rob,
I would assume no, there were over 60 rifles to photograph in 1 day. I believe there are only 2 to 3 shots of each.
Buck

Offline HIB

Shreck,   I went thru everything sent to me before I deleted  the large files I had accumulated. I did not see any more photos of the Roop. Sorry

The guns will probably be all out by 11:00 a.m. Friday so get there early with a good light and mag glass.   HIB

brooktrout

I have posted the question before but got no response.  Will any final prices be available? 

Offline HIB

Brooktrout,  Apparently I missed the question the first time. Actually there was no answer then nor is there an answer now.  It is not my decision to make but I will bring it up during the Kentucky Rifle Foundation board meeting Sat. afternoon.

My personal vote would be to post the Hammer Price of each gun, however, that usually follows within several weeks after the auction. Some auction houses wait 45 days but I think the KRF will be faster.

I will do my best to get you the info you seek.  Regards, HIB

NB: Send your e-mail address to me in the event I need to contact you specifically

Offline Shreckmeister

Thanks for the reply Henry.  Some nice looking rifles for auction. Anxious to see them in person.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
Surprised to see NO comments about the auction. Very enjoyable. I got a fine gun. 31 others did as well at reasonable prices to very good prices..
Thanks
Hurricane
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 03:36:00 AM by Hurricane ( of Virginia) »

Offline jdm

• member 2
Craig, Curt and Jerry did an excelant  job on the appraisals. I am happy for Jack's family and the K.R.A. foundation picked up a little extra money for there projects also.
JIM

Offline Buck

Jim,
Don't forget Joe helped with the appraisals, and Al Reyder who drove them down there. I would agree with Fred that it went well. I was happy to not have to reload any of them back in the Suburban.
Buck

Offline jdm

• member 2
Buck,
Your right! My apologies to Joe. When ever he would appraise one of my guns it was always kind of low. I can't blame him to much though, we were working on a trade.
JIM

Offline Fullstock longrifle

This was only phase one of the KRF auction of the Vye collection, an equal number of rifles should be auctioned off again next year.  Stand by for phase 2.

Offline Shreckmeister

Buck,  Most certainly.  The guns will arrive in Pittsburgh Thurs. evening. They will be put on display in the lobby outside the closed KRA 'members only' show room the next morning as early as possible. Individuals who are not KRA members will be able to view the rifles in the lobby only. They will be on display a large part of the morning, all afternoon and up to auction time.  Individuals interested in the auction but unable to attend will need to arrange bidding opportunities with a KRA member they know as long as payment is made immediately after the auction is over. All individuals in attendance will be allowed in the auction room.  Regards, HIB