Author Topic: Thanks to Acer and Rich Pierce  (Read 4177 times)

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
Thanks to Acer and Rich Pierce
« on: June 04, 2014, 12:13:56 AM »
I was reviewing Tom and Rich's tutorial on making a one-piece muzzlecap, which I will follow to make one for my Reading gun.  Their tutorial is excellent and it reminds me what wonderful service Rich and Tom have been to many of us.  They always provide clear and useful descriptions and diagrams when folks, including myself, have questions and need advice and information.  They are great assets to this website and I just wanted to say thank you.

Hi, some of you thanked Dennis and Mark for this site and I heartily agree.  They deserve special praise. I placed the spotlight on Acer and Rich in this thread because they always seem to go the extra mile to help others.

dave
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:44:54 PM by smart dog »
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."

Offline PPatch

Re: Thanks to Acer and Rich Pierce
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 12:38:04 AM »
Please allow me to do the same - I also used Tom's nose cap tutorial to teach myself to make them from steel. I finally got the technique down after some trial and stupidity on my part such as attempting to use far too thick metal stock. The same with the ram rod pipe tutorial, I can make and decorate them in my sleep now due to the tips and tricks I learned on this website.

A shout out to all of you who devoted some time and effort to create the tutorials found here. Hands down this is the best muzzleloading website on the internet and I am proud to support it.

Next, trigger guards...

Thank you.

dp
Dave Parks   /   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:35:48 AM »
I think a general Thank You is due to Tom and Rich for their professional support of ALR.

Thank You

Mark E

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 04:10:19 AM »
Tom's the man on that one and many others.  Both of us have benefited greatly from this site.  So much sharing of real knowledge. Thanks Mark Elliot for getting it off the ground and having the vision to keep it all about the traditional longrifle.  And thanks Dennis Glazener for sustaining and growing it and assembling a team of moderators who do it for the love of the craft, and work so well together.  Too many folks to mention.

I sometimes organize bike races and what I say there applies here too.  The organizer can do everything "right" or many things "wrong" but it's up to the racers to make a great race.  And that is what you all do every day.  You make these forums great by your participation.  Bravo!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 04:11:26 AM by rich pierce »
Andover, Vermont

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 06:14:56 AM »
Yes, I too am happy that someone like Dennis and others have so much foresight to create this wonderfull site. There are (the last time I counted) over 2000 members to this site and it is great that so many can get along so well together and this is because of the moderaters. It is one of the best parts of my day when I log in to this site even if I dont always agree with what the members say. Flintlocks Forever -

Offline A.Merrill

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 09:37:22 AM »
    I hope one day I can thank every one inperson that manages this site. But for now thank you very much.   AL
Alan K. Merrill

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 04:33:34 PM »
You guys make me all weepy.

Hahahaha.
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

fastfrankie

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 05:40:58 PM »
KUDOS TO ACER AND RICH. THESE TWO GUYS ARE ONE OF THE REASONS I JOINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online JBJ

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 08:22:01 PM »
A resounding Amen! Thanks to these guys and all of you who so generously share your knowledge with others!!!!

J.B.

CARROLLCO

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 05:36:49 AM »
I, too appreciate this site. There's a wealth of knowledge here and members are gracious enough to share and respond to questions. I read the forums every night and especially like tutorials. Will Rogers, I believe, said there's several ways to get smarter: Read a lot of books, ask a lot of questions, or hang around fellars smarter than yourself. Got it all right here on this forum.