Author Topic: Lodi Ohio Class and Event info  (Read 4808 times)

Pratt

Lodi Ohio Class and Event info
« on: July 14, 2008, 03:49:12 AM »
Log Cabin Sport Shop
Flintlock Gunsmithing Classes

Saturday 8/23/08, 12:00 – 4:00 PM:  Log Cabin Sport Shop will be offering Ian Pratt and Jim Kibler’s class for the month of August.
   For this class we have re-scheduled Jim’s talk / demonstration on tool sharpening techniques. This basic yet very important aspect of rifle building is often a challenge for beginners, and properly sharpened tools are needed to do your best work. There will also be demonstrations on several longrifle construction techniques.
  At this class will also be discussing our plans for the upcoming “hands on” building class and will help those who are interested in getting a parts list started
     There is no charge to attend.  Once again, we encourage students to bring in any current projects, finished pieces, or other related items of interest.

We also invite you to attend our first event this September 27 -28 at the Log Cabin Shop. New and antique guns and accoutrements on display, demonstrations, shooting, buy, sell, trade, everything you ever imagined and possibly more - We will have more details posted here soon, or check the Log Cabin Shop website under "events" for information. This ought to be fun, let's see what we can make happen.   

Pratt

Re: Lodi Ohio Class and Event info
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 08:05:07 PM »
this is a shameless attempt to get this back on the first page fir a little while, it got bumped by all the moved posts

lew wetzel

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:22:41 PM »
ian,looking forward to attending this class.especially since the first meeting of the quild was a flop....

sluggunner

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 10:39:10 PM »
I'll be there and will bring the barrel too.
                                                               Rich

chuck c.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 11:01:27 PM »
I can't understand why anyone who lives within reasonable driving distance wouldn't be there! The opportunity to learn from a very talented builder is priceless. I only wished that it was several hundred miles closer to south Texas!

dapper

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 01:39:52 AM »
Ian,
I'm looking forward to it.  Oh and a real gun show, can't wait for that!  Will you be displaying or demonstrating?  I hope so, see ya then.
Dan

Offline BillPac

• N. Ohio
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 03:32:27 AM »
Ian:
Have you made a decision on what style of rifle you want to build in the hands on class?
BillP

Pratt

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 04:51:32 AM »
Dan -  Jim and I both plan to do some demonstrations, neither one of us really has guns to diplay - Of course that's where Rich's barrel enters the picture, thank you Rich, I will be making myself a deer rifle with that one and chain it to my leg so nobody can buy it from me..

Bill, we are thinking along the lines of an earlier Lancaster gun.  The class will be geared to beginners, we'll start with a blank and some parts, probably show you how to make some pieces too. The idea here is to learn how to make a basic good looking rifle that will function as it should.. We'll get to the details at the August class.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 12:46:25 AM »
 Ian/Jim Anything I can do to help let me know.

Tim C.

Pratt

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 04:49:42 AM »
Thank you Tim, hey check your e mail, I think I got the address right this time